How is Hertz at PHX?

Old May 1, 2007, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
My upgrade experience as a 5* here has been all over the map, as have the locations of my assigned cars.
Old May 2, 2007, 8:35 am

Programs: nada
Originally Posted by uscsailor
I have rented here as a PC 4 times in the last 3 months and have only been upgraded 1 time. I asked an employee at the desk late one night and they stated that the manager has mentioned on many occasions not to upgrade the PC members but to keep the nicer cars so they can upsell other customers. I usually go back in and tell them that I wnat an upgrade as per PC agreement.
What agreement? the one that contains the clause "when available" or "capacity controlled"? Just because you're SUPPOSED to usually get them doesn't mean they are forced to give you them. It is all about inventory management and profit, not about giving a stuckup businessman a "better" car than reserved.
**not calling you stuck up, but you're sounding like it in your post, and it was few and far between to find PC/5* members who were not.
Old May 14, 2007, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat Exec, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Rewards
phx provides quick access for car rentals but i have yet to get upgraded. good luck!
Old May 19, 2007, 2:42 am
DSG

Programs: AmEx Platinum, DL, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hertz#1 Club Gold, Avis Preferred
Ford Mustang in PHX

I've just rent a Ford Mustang at PHX for next september.
Any feedback is more than welcome about Hertz in PHX.
Old May 19, 2007, 7:34 am

Programs: Delta Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by crnk
What agreement? the one that contains the clause "when available" or "capacity controlled"? Just because you're SUPPOSED to usually get them doesn't mean they are forced to give you them. It is all about inventory management and profit, not about giving a stuckup businessman a "better" car than reserved.
**not calling you stuck up, but you're sounding like it in your post, and it was few and far between to find PC/5* members who were not.
When a company is holding cars that they could give to people that rent (PAY) for as many rentals as they do, that is wrong. How much profit do they lose if that PC takes his 50 rentals elsewhere because they wanted to up sell a car for a ridiculous amount that most say no to anyway?

I dont know the dude but when I go to RIC (3 times a month) and the same Premium Crown Vic's and Merc's are sitting in the same places every time and to not get an upgrade is irritating. It is 11pm at night and no one is hear and all the planes have landed, who are you up selling these cars to? I mean you cant rent them online at RIC. The best car you can rent in a Fullsize, every once and a while you see midsize SUV pop up.
Old May 19, 2007, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
PHX suffers from tremendous variations in demand for cars, so the upgrades are not consistent. The off-site facility is the nicest of any off-site I have ever used, and the staff are good. In my experience, these are the plusses and minuses that create the inconsistency in car availability.

Negatives:
- PHX is a glorious destination, so lots of folks visit singly, including people who have status and may arrive before you.
- PHX is a conferene destination, ditto.
- PHX is an event destination, ditto to the extreme as the high rollers show up for the golf event / car event / horse event, etc.
Summary: At certain high-demand periods, the PHX Hertz lot is nearly emptied by one or more of the above crowds being in PHX before you arrive.

Positives:
- PHX has a lot of very fine, very new vehicles to cater to the groups mentioned above.
- PHX in the summer is as hot as the hinges of hell, so there are specific times when the crowds have not descended on the lot before you arrive.
Summary: If you happen to arrive when the groups above are not in town, your upgrades can be outstanding cars.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.