Value-less Coupons

Old Sep 7, 2005, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Value-less Coupons

OK, so maybe I haven't been paying close attention lately, but I just ran through a whole stack of "valuable coupons" I have accumulated through the months. There is a decent variety -- from $20/$25 off weekly to upgrades -- from a variety of sources (online/credit-card-insert/airline). No matter what CDP and PC combo I use, the rates skyrocket from my standard Hertz #1 Gold Five Star quoted rate.

Seems to me that in the past, you could usually save a few bucks. I was pricing out a weekly rental in STL and a weekend in MSP. Adding in a coupon spikes the weekly rate on a midsize from $159 to $229. The weekend coupon "savings" is equally useless.

I became a heavy-duty convert to Hertz earlier in 2005. Ten of my roughly 25 rentals this year have been with them. I almost always could combine the excellent online PC codes with my regular FiveStar and get a great deal.

Sigh. Spiking the rate to get a "coupon" benefit has sent me back to National, who gladly take my coupons under nearly all circumstances and doesn't jack up the rate ridiculously to then give me a "discount".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.