FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   Hertz Employee CDP (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/457635-hertz-employee-cdp.html)

kenpo Jul 30, 2005 12:14 am

Hertz Employee CDP

I work for Hertz and I have a CDP #: employee code discount wich is 30%. My question is, can I use my CDP employee discount and at the same time use Rate Code: FRDM?
When I use both codes I save around 40% but I am not sure if I am going to have any problems when I pick up the car,because I use both codes.

Thanks.

flyupfrnt Jul 30, 2005 1:06 am

Welcome to Flyertalk

Good question:

I suppose, you should know the answer, being a Hertz Employee and all.

If you dont, i would think that your BOSS might know, ask them and then post back here and let US know.

Thanks

aljacket Jul 30, 2005 6:07 am

I don't think that should be a problem. As long as you have the proof that you work for Hertz when you get the car. With AAA + weekly rate + free day, I have received some very good rates from Hertz, and no one has ever even blinked.

Originally Posted by kenpo
I work for Hertz and I have a CDP #: employee code discount wich is 30%. My question is, can I use my CDP employee discount and at the same time use Rate Code: FRDM?
When I use both codes I save around 40% but I am not sure if I am going to have any problems when I pick up the car,because I use both codes.

Thanks.

miles from tesco Aug 1, 2005 4:06 pm

Could you loose your job if you get found out that you are double dipping @:-)

rnovak Aug 3, 2005 2:20 pm

Huh?

Does anyone else find it funny that the "Hertz employee" doesn't know the Hertz policy on thier own discount?

frmremp Dec 12, 2011 12:27 pm

I find it funny, also that he does not know that the Hertz employee CDP is 40% not 30%.

But to answer your questions and it sounds like you are not a Hertz employee. Because you would know that a Hertz employee rate code must be used with the CDP, now there are times when you got a new employee or someone who is not paying attention and you can get one by on them. Most of all though to use any code or any promotion is to remember Hertz puts a lot of pride in the customer service. If you get tactfully upset with them and tell them how much your company or you does business with them, you will usually get them to waive whatever you try anyways. Especially if you know who the area manager is of the city you are traveling to and this is usually posted out by their gold area and sometime at the rental counter. Just say that you know them or their boss and demand them to get their manager and you can basically get whatever you need. This includes enormous upgrades and more. Also keep in mind that Hertz has a customer service survey that they give you on the back of all of your rental receipts in the return area. Any mention of receiving a negative score on this with the employee and managers name mentioned on it, will usually get you what you want, not matter how big.

spades097 Dec 13, 2011 9:36 am

Oh, no -- they're still doing that stupid NPS score? That is the most embarrassing and inaccurate feedback system I have ever dealt with.

frmremp Dec 13, 2011 10:59 am

NPS

The NPS is their baby. All of the manager's at every locations goals and bonus structure are based around it. So, usually if you even mention it, you will get what you need. Especially if you mention writing their name and their managers.

spades097 Dec 13, 2011 1:06 pm

Yep and it is a joke. There is no incentive for happy customers to fill it out. Consistently high performing locations are penalized since their bonuses are based on a higher standard. Plus the customer can specifically say that the renting location was fantastic but the return station was horrible but that is still your fault (along with high rates are your fault as well). Oh, let's not forget about the managers that cut the bottom of receipts and/or fill out their own surveys. Jeez...quitting Hertz was one of my better decisions.

Joshua Dec 14, 2011 3:36 pm

NPS??

Originally Posted by spades097 (Post 17619701)
Yep and it is a joke. There is no incentive for happy customers to fill it out. Consistently high performing locations are penalized since their bonuses are based on a higher standard. Plus the customer can specifically say that the renting location was fantastic but the return station was horrible but that is still your fault (along with high rates are your fault as well). Oh, let's not forget about the managers that cut the bottom of receipts and/or fill out their own surveys. Jeez...quitting Hertz was one of my better decisions.

Not to sound like an idiot, but I never even noticed there is a survey (and my local station manager never mentioned I should be filling it out).

Since I've had great service, I'd like to make sure they get thrown a bone or two on my next rental. Is it worth going back and filling out the surveys on my past, gee, 22 or so rentals I've had in the last 3 months?

spades097 Dec 14, 2011 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by Joshua (Post 17627780)
Not to sound like an idiot, but I never even noticed there is a survey (and my local station manager never mentioned I should be filling it out).

Since I've had great service, I'd like to make sure they get thrown a bone or two on my next rental. Is it worth going back and filling out the surveys on my past, gee, 22 or so rentals I've had in the last 3 months?

Absolutely. I'm sure he/she would greatly appreciate it.

greener_007 Dec 22, 2011 6:46 pm

Using the CDP (NOT HERTZ EMPLOYEE)

Hello,

I normally er on the side of caution, but I was in need of an affordable SUV rental for the holidays, and found the employee CDP to be the only thing to make the rental affordable (four days at $500 for a RAV 4 or Escape for the other rental car agencies is a bit rediculous). Anyway, I've used the CDP and it came out to a rather attractive price.

Are there any tricks to using the code when picking up the vehicle, or did I commit a faux pas?

babyboy754 Dec 22, 2011 6:53 pm

if your not not an employee don't even try it. you'll be stuck without a car. i use to work for hertz and i've seen customers try it and they find themselves without vehicles. lol.

spades097 Dec 22, 2011 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by greener_007 (Post 17678111)
Hello,

I normally er on the side of caution, but I was in need of an affordable SUV rental for the holidays, and found the employee CDP to be the only thing to make the rental affordable (four days at $500 for a RAV 4 or Escape for the other rental car agencies is a bit rediculous). Anyway, I've used the CDP and it came out to a rather attractive price.

Are there any tricks to using the code when picking up the vehicle, or did I commit a faux pas?

If you get in an accident then there will be a good chance that your insurance will not cover the car.

dparkinson Dec 23, 2011 2:34 am

If your name is on the gold board and you never have to deal with a human, then you might be in luck, but don't make a habit of it. One time, it'll come back to bite you.