Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Closest Hertz location to SEATAC that isn't actually AT the airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2005, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Am trying to save a few hundred by not renting at the Hertz SEATAC rental location, but need one fairly close by. Anyone have an address or location name for me? TIA.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 9:37 am

It is incredibly easy to search for alternate locations at hertz.com. Give it a try sometime.

FWIW, the closest location is the SEA Marriott, but when I checked recently for a weekday rental, it was no cheaper than the airport.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 10:01 am
Original Poster

[QUOTE=UpgradeMe]It is incredibly easy to search for alternate locations at hertz.com. Give it a try sometime.

Thanks. I did try that, but not knowing Seattle at all I couldn't tell which locations were actually close to the airport.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA & SPG
[QUOTE=timbuktoo]
Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
It is incredibly easy to search for alternate locations at hertz.com. Give it a try sometime.

Thanks. I did try that, but not knowing Seattle at all I couldn't tell which locations were actually close to the airport.
maps.google.com
Old Jun 27, 2005, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Yahoo! Maps

Looks like the one on 176th Street is the next closest... ^
Old Jun 27, 2005, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by timbuktoo
Am trying to save a few hundred by not renting at the Hertz SEATAC rental location, but need one fairly close by. Anyone have an address or location name for me? TIA.
If you are willing to take a short bus ride I would recommend the following location:
765 Rainier Avenue South HLE
765 Rainier Avenue South
Renton, Washington US
Mo-Fr 0700-1800, Sa 0800-1300, Su Closed

I have rented from there several times (I live close by) and am satisfied with the service. You save 18% of the airport tax (AND the $4 daily airport tax which starts on 8/1). To get to the location take the Route 560 Express (bus will say Bellevue; bus stop is on baggage claim level at the south end of the terminal - fare is $1.50 exact change only) to the first stop - about a 10 minute ride - at 7th Street and Rainier Avenue; location is less than a block away in front of Wal-Mart (it is visible from the bus as you go by).
Old Jun 28, 2005, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Thank you so much! That is indeed the closest one, only 5 miles from SEATAC.
Old May 8, 2006, 9:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by timbuktoo
Thank you so much! That is indeed the closest one, only 5 miles from SEATAC.
Just to keep this thread up to date (I know it's long-since overdue for the OP): there is a Hertz HLE at the Airport Marriott.

It is less than 1 mile from the airport and there is a free Marriott shuttle. And, they are perfectly happy for you to return it to the main airport garage return facility - I'm sure that's what they'd do with the car anyway if you brought it back to Marriott.

I've saved a few bucks renting over there on past occasions. Time-cost is about 10-15 minutes on the front end (waiting for a bus vs. just walking to your car).

The tax rate is high (over 30%), but there is no flat daily tax. Make sure you factor that in: using the HLE can work strongly in your favor on certain rentals, but very little or not at all on others.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 10:23 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, nobody everywhere else
Sorry to dust up an ancient thread, but have anybody else had luck with this location, SeaTac Marriot HLE?

I am looking for a 4-day weekend rental at SEA and I've found that it'll be around $20 cheaper to pick up from there and drop off at SEA instead of doing a more routine airport pick-up & drop-off. ($100 vs $80 for a compact with PC# 122242, probably just getting the stupid airport tax off, basically.)

Looks like I can hitch a free shuttle from airport to hotel so everything looks peachy from my side but I'm just a lil bit worried in case I'm missing something important.

I know $20 is not much but let me say that I am perfectly willing to spend like 10 extra minutes waiting for the shuttle and walk around a little bit more with all my luggages for that kind of savings.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 2:43 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I just completed a rental from the SEA-TAC HLE, which is about a mile south of the airport on Pacific Hwy/International Blvd (next to the Fairfield Inn). I had flown in the night before and stayed at the DoubleTree. I walked to the HLE (about .5 mile) and picked up my car the next morning. The agent was happy to remove the concession fee from my reservation. I was also able to drop the car off at SEA without paying a one-way rate.

Service at the HLE was a little slow and I did need to push to get my 5* upgrade (Corolla to a Camry). Other than that, it's a good option for those looking to avoid the fee.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 10:42 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
The Seatac Marriott HLE is substantially cheaper than renting at Seatac.

Although, interestingly, returning to the Marriott HLE is only $58, while returning to Seatac itself raises it to $88.

Any updates? Any problems glomming onto the Marriott shuttle? Or how easily walkable is the hotel from United arrival area? Any wisdom or suggestions?
Old Jan 3, 2013, 6:43 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Any updates? Any problems glomming onto the Marriott shuttle? Or how easily walkable is the hotel from United arrival area? Any wisdom or suggestions?
No problem using the shuttle. The area around the terminal is not pedestrian-friendly. Also, the Marriott is at the top of a hill.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 7:50 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Thanks!

Just to be sure we're talking about the same Marriott, it's this one:

http://goo.gl/maps/fOTcT

Didn't realize there was a hill involved.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 8:19 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Thanks!

Just to be sure we're talking about the same Marriott, it's this one:

http://goo.gl/maps/fOTcT

Didn't realize there was a hill involved.
That's the one. It's a hike just to get to the light rail station.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 8:27 pm

Again, my thanks!

Anyone have any thoughts on whether it might be possible after picking up the car to call and see if I can change the return to Seatac for no up-fare?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.