Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz Rental Levels explained

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2005, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Hertz Rental Levels explained

Originally Posted by SEA_Tigger
  • Platinum - This program is invitation-only. It's who you are (or what you are) that gets you the invite, not your rental or spending history with Herz. Your car is brought to you by the Station Manager and they drop you off at the terminal and then take the car back to the lot. Upgrades are automatic and usually to whatever you want that they have.
  • President's Circle - Earned after 40 rentals (US) / 20 rentals (CDN), spending $7000+, or renting an indeterminate number of days. Earns you a guaranteed one-class upgrade (with a maximum being Full Size to Premium) and 25% extra ZE1 points per rental (if you so choose). You also receive a free rental day certificate after a certain number of rentals (seems to vary).
  • Five Star - Earned after 10 rentals (US), spending an indeterminate amount of money, or renting an indeterminate number of days. Earns you a one-class upgrade (with a maximum being Full Size to Premium and only if available). You also receive a free rental day certificate after a certain number of rentals (seems to vary).

Last edited by dagrin; Aug 22, 2011 at 12:25 pm
Old Jun 23, 2005, 8:31 am

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Question

Thank you safetymom! Could you also please list the phone number to call?
Old Jun 23, 2005, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA & SPG
For Local Reservations:
Phone Number: 800-654-3131

For International Reservations:
Phone Number: 800-654-3001

Additional Service Numbers:
Extending a Current Rental: 800-654-4174
Billing Information: 800-654-4173
Hearing Impaired(TDD): 800-654-2280
Customer Relations: 888-777-6095
Web Assistance: 877-826-8782
Old Jun 23, 2005, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
  • Platinum - This program is invitation-only. It's who you are (or what you are) that gets you the invite, not your rental or spending history with Herz. Your car is brought to you by the Station Manager and they drop you off at the terminal and then take the car back to the lot. Upgrades are automatic and usually to whatever you want that they have.
  • President's Circle - Earned after 40 rentals (US) / 20 rentals (CDN), spending $7000+, or renting an indeterminate number of days. Earns you a guaranteed one-class upgrade (with a maximum being Full Size to Premium) and 25% extra ZE1 points per rental (if you so choose). You also receive a free rental day certificate after a certain number of rentals (seems to vary).
  • Five Star - Earned after 10 rentals (US), spending an indeterminate amount of money, or renting an indeterminate number of days. Earns you a one-class upgrade (with a maximum being Full Size to Premium and only if available). You also receive a free rental day certificate after a certain number of rentals (seems to vary).
Old Jul 2, 2005, 10:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by SEA_Tigger
It has been my recent experience that Hertz does not automatically upgrade your account to the next status during the calendar year without a phone call. I called Hertz after my 11th rental this calendar year and was told by a rude representative that I had to have 12 rentals for 5-Star and they would make the decision when I was upgraded. Later, after my 15th rental, I spoke with a sympathetic representative who immediately upgraded my status. I think it is beneficial to call until you get the right person.
Old Jul 6, 2005, 7:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Just made 12 rentals and asked the german Hertz to urgrade me. (The level to 5* is 10 in Germany) Got a standard reply that I will receive my card next April
Old Jul 6, 2005, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Hertz will indeed not automatically upgrade you to achieved status prior to the following calendar year unless you call/write/e-mail.

For US members, the status is usually updated immediately without issue.

UK members have reported that Hertz will not update their status until the following calendar year. It now appears that this applies to German ones, as well. You can try again and see if another agent will do it.
Old Jul 8, 2005, 8:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Well, the agents responsible for germany sit in Ireland, so the UK rule should apply to all of Europe, I guess

I just wrote them a nice email that I hold top status with Europcar and Sixt and rented Hertz 20 times since joing the Gold programme in October. If they don't value my business and only give a status card 10 months after I have achieved to new level, I will keep that in mind the next time I have a choice
Old Jul 14, 2005, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Originally Posted by Columbiaguy
It has been my recent experience that Hertz does not automatically upgrade your account to the next status during the calendar year without a phone call. I called Hertz after my 11th rental this calendar year and was told by a rude representative that I had to have 12 rentals for 5-Star and they would make the decision when I was upgraded. Later, after my 15th rental, I spoke with a sympathetic representative who immediately upgraded my status. I think it is beneficial to call until you get the right person.
I got the same surley "why are you bothering" attitude.

I had to fight several times to get my account upgraded to Pres. Circle.

Hang up, redial, & get some one niceer.

What BS! Sorry, who's the customer?
Old Aug 2, 2005, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I just wrote them a nice email that I hold top status with Europcar and Sixt and rented Hertz 20 times since joing the Gold programme in October. If they don't value my business and only give a status card 10 months after I have achieved to new level, I will keep that in mind the next time I have a choice
Received a 5* gold card in the mail last week. No letter, no comment, only the card. It seems my threat was listened to... ^
Old Aug 18, 2005, 7:20 pm

Programs: MR PL, Hyatt GP Diamond, HH Gold, UA Silver, WN A-LIst, National EE
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Received a 5* gold card in the mail last week. No letter, no comment, only the card. It seems my threat was listened to... ^
That's odd...I requested my 5* after attaining 12 rentals this year. It took a while for the materials to come in the mail (maybe 2 months?), but they arrived yesterday, including a certificate for a free rental day! I was not expecting a free day, so I was thrilled!

Stevekoe
Old Aug 19, 2005, 11:41 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I believe Hertz President Circle is 40 rentals OR 40 nights. At least that is what was posted in another thread earlier. I'm renting a Hertz car for a month soon, so even though I stopped travelling it looks like I'll be able to keep some 'status' for a little bit longer. $1000/month for a fullsize car after taxes and fees. Probably should lease instead!
Old Aug 19, 2005, 12:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pitflyer
I believe Hertz President Circle is 40 rentals OR 40 nights.
Has this changed recently? I know when the program started, I had to do the full 40 rentals. I had 120-ish paid rental days. And I know there have been threads here from folks who generate a ton of revenue (say, $4k-5k over 150-200 days) and are only Five Star.

Everything I've seen says you need 40 rentals or $7k revenue. In fairness, it seems that it should be days or simply dollars, as the idea of a "rental" isn't a meaningful unit of measure. But I hadn't heard that Hertz had tweaked the program to make this so.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
BTW, if anyone is looking for the phone number for Hertz CS in Oklahoma City, in order to have your 5* or PC membership "manually" updated (so you don't have to wait 'til next calendar year), I believe this is the number:

405-775-3180

Old Aug 24, 2005, 6:42 pm

Programs: UAL1K,US Chairman's,wood plat,Marriott plat
So far this year, I have about 100 days of rental all together. Each of my 1 rental is average about 25 to 30 days each. I'm at about $5,000 in revenue (before rental taxes etc) so far and some of them are the Prestige collection cars.

I spoke to a regular Hertz rep in OK, they told me that 100 days of rental so far this year is nothing, $5,000 is still not even close to it in a very rude voice. I love Hertz the most but that was an answer.

I was going to give it another try........

Thanks,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.