Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comprehensive Hertz CDP#'s

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2005, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by wsbombers
1. Does anyone know my correct CDP or where to find it on the site?
2. If I use a AAA code from a different region, is that good enough?
I'm confused why there is such confusion about AAA codes. Call your local AAA once, get the number and input it into your web profile. You never have to think about it again. If you find other good CDPs, input them, too. You can select which CDP to use each time you rent.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 3:08 am

Programs: AA Exp- 4MM; UA 1K; BA Gold; 9W Plat; SPG Plat; Hilton Diamond; LH FT; DL Gold
I found AMEX Plat 211762 to be lowest for YYZ weekday

Originally Posted by ak_co
I tried the few CDP's in this thread and in all cases my AAA CDP provided a better daily cost. Go figure...
I found that AAA got me 5 to 10% off while AMEX PLAT got me 20% off at YYZ for a weekday rental with about 27 hrs notice. Bestfares and the rest of others got only 5%.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 9:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriot Silver, Hertz #1Gold
Originally Posted by pinniped
Good point on printing things out. I typically don't have this problem at Hertz, but it's a good habit to be in anyway. Never know when it'll help you out...
I absolutely agree with that one should have the printout handy, just in case. I was in SAN this past weekend and rented for 2 weekend days. Rented a Compact "B" class vehicle and was given a 2005 Toyota Celica (approx 1600miles on it).

I used the PC code for 5$ off each weekend day. so the quoted price was $42 - $10 discount = $32. (Didn't know about 959976 (Free weekend day), which is discussed in this thread... )

The fare quote card I received at the rental said $42, and it stated that the promotional coupon would be deducted at return. Well at return, the checkin guy gave me a receipt that said that I will be charged $42. I took it to the manager and I explained that it should be $32 with a coupon. He said do you know what source the PC# came from. I took out my reservation and showed him the PC# (which is printed on the reservation confirmation) and he took care of the problem.

^
Old Feb 1, 2005, 11:50 am

Programs: AA PLT
Question

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
... don't forget with AAA, you can get additional benefits:
[...]
$5,000 limit on liability to vehicle (LDW)
No charge for additional drivers who are also AAA members &
meet standard rental qualifications
Primary personal liability protection of 25/50/10 (in most states)
[...]
I am thinking of joining AAA for these benefits. I don't have a car (and no personal car insurance) and rent from Hertz A LOT. Up to now I have been using my employer's CDP (which includes insurance), but I will be leaving this job soon. Is there enough insurance coverage from Hertz+AAA Rates+Credit Card without personal insurance?

Looks like this was previously asked here but there were no answers there. Thanks!
Old Feb 1, 2005, 8:34 pm

Amtrak and Hertz - triple points and special rates

Here's a code if you rent from Hertz and are an Amtrak Guest Rewards Member -

Discount CDP # 1229959
PC# 959000
Old Feb 11, 2005, 5:04 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

CDP for Tunis Air (Fidelys) and Royal Air Maroc

Hi!

I was just browsing through these 'exotic' airlines and stumbled upon their FFP's. I noticed that they have some rather good discount rates with Hertz. The only problem is that I could not find the CDP # for them and thus was wondering if they are still member's of Hertz? I have checked the list avaliable on the website of Hertz, but could not find them listed.

The rates with these programs can get your from between 30-40% discount!

So, if anyone has access or know what they, it would be a good addition.

Old Feb 11, 2005, 1:22 pm

Location: EWR and KGL (with occasional home/work trips to NRT/ITM)
Programs: MP MM 1K, Sky Miles, Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by BigJC
This came out in the 5* email newsletter. If you're not 5*/PC and the website lets you book it, more than likely no one will question it.

Any PC that starts with "9" is an internet PC with no coupon required. However, it's not a bad idea to print out the page and have it with you when you return the vehicle.
Originally, I was asking for help in finding the link for this coupon but I found it in another thread. Thank you!

http://offers.hertzgold.com/offer.as...300E3B28342883

So, just for info!

Last edited by Atuchan; Feb 11, 2005 at 9:58 pm
Old Sep 12, 2007, 8:14 am

As an attorney, I don't think any court would hold that up as a valid argument. Hertz puts these discount codes out there because they WANT people to use them. They want people to use Hertz, not Avis. There is a niche of people who search out the best rates, and Hertz knows, as any smart business does, that it has to cater to these people because they'd lose a lot of revenue otherwise.

If they wanted to they have the technology to check whether someone is actually a member with a real member discount or if they're jsut using someone else's CDP#. But they don't do that, because they want to rent you a car, and they know you'd go somewhere else if it was cheaper.

i use whichever cdp# gives me the best rate, and right now that one is 1261109 from abnsave.com
Old Sep 14, 2007, 1:17 am

Using most times one of the follwoing

1041723 American Express Centurion
591064 American Express Centurion
211762 American Express Platinum
651007 American Express Platinum Germany
Old Sep 14, 2007, 4:50 am

1757580 Car & Driver - a good one.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 10:46 pm

Programs: NWA, AC., SWA, AA.,UA, HH
I assume this is for Hertz. Is there a Discount/CDP/Club Code as well?
Jigger
Old Sep 19, 2007, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by SEA_Tigger
I used to invert the CDPs for WV (206) with WA (260) all the time. Always wondered why my CDP shows "AAA of West Virginia". The discount for both is 10%.

I have never been asked to show my AAA ID nor have I ever needed to use my AAA number (like you must now do with Hilton), so I don't think Hertz cares if you are an actual member or not.
For what it's worth; I check EVERYONE'S AAA card unless they are Gold members. There are certain provisions that come with using AAA that are important. In short, if you will not have a valid AAA card in the renter's name at time of rental then do not use in the reservation.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP; WN CP; Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC; Marriott Plat; PC Plat
Never been asked for my AAA card...
Old Oct 17, 2007, 4:40 pm

I have been asked for AAA/CAA many times. Where as I never been questioned about 1757580 CDP - car & driver.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 7:35 am

Hertz CDP code

I did a pretty extensive search for the best CDP code and it seems to vary depending on time of year and location of the rental. However I found the best CDP code for me was:

CDP: 1261109 (20% off + Stackable with PC Codes)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.