Community
Wiki Posts
Search

are cars 'on site' in las vegas

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2004, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

are cars 'on site' in las vegas

i have a trip to las at the end of the month. any savvy ft people know if hertz or national have their cars at the airport or are they a shuttle ride away. any check in/out advice. i am emerald isle and #1 gold.
Old Sep 20, 2004, 1:31 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by saintd
i have a trip to las at the end of the month. any savvy ft people know if hertz or national have their cars at the airport or are they a shuttle ride away. any check in/out advice. i am emerald isle and #1 gold.
All of the rental agencies are off site and require a shuttle. The Hertz one is reasonably close. The National one is consolidated with Alamo and a bit further away. You can search the National forum for "LAS" or "Vegas" for some FT reviews.

I've had no problems with my Gold rentals at LAS, other than the steep fees that are assessed for renting from the airport locations.
Old Sep 20, 2004, 1:39 pm

As far as I know, all rentals at McCarran are a shuttle ride away. Hertz definitely is. About a three minute ride, and they are VERY frequent.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 1:20 am

Programs: Continental One Pass
Originally Posted by saintd
I go to Vegas alot. Some Hotels have car rentals inside their hotel. For instance I beleive you can get Hertz at Harrahs and I know for sure the Flamingo has a car rental spot there also but can't remember who. Call the concierge at your hotel, they will be able to tell you who has what. However, let me just tell you that NOT getting a car rental from the airport will cost you MORE money and sometimes they will NOT give you airline miles. If you get it from the airport it will be cheaper and you WILL get airlmiles.

Pananna
Old Sep 29, 2004, 5:58 am

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
i've been to the hertz counter at harrah's. even if it saves you airport fees, or even a day on your rental, it's not worth it. take gold service at the airport. even without the line, and the fact that you're dealing with a counter, the walk from the counter to your car will be longer than the shuttle ride at mccarran airport. (i was only there to add a driver -- in the future i'd go to the airport with that same request..)
Old Sep 29, 2004, 8:08 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
You're mixing up terminology a bit from what I would consider the standard. At LAS, Hertz is on-site (on airport property) but you have to take a shuttle bus to the lot. I believe National/Alamo are also on-site in LAS, and again, also a shuttle bus ride to the on-site lot.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 1:10 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Beckles
You're mixing up terminology a bit from what I would consider the standard. At LAS, Hertz is on-site (on airport property) but you have to take a shuttle bus to the lot. I believe National/Alamo are also on-site in LAS, and again, also a shuttle bus ride to the on-site lot.
National/Alamo are not on airport property. They are south of the airport just north of I-215 and south of Sunset. It's a remote location in a business park/light industrial area that is somewhat difficult to find.

Hertz is on airport property and closer to the terminals but still must be accessed by a shuttle.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 8:28 pm
T3

The only thing I can add to the above comments is that the shuttles are indeed quite frequent. Often (usually) as one shuttle is pulling out another in arriving to take its place.
Old Sep 30, 2004, 2:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I'm in Vegas now - at the MGM. There's a Dollar Rent-a-Car here. Most big hotels have a rental agency in them - one of the major brands.

If you're here a few days and need a car the whole time, rent from the airport. If you're here a few days and just want one to go to Hoover, get one from your hotel. If you have ZE1 points - redeem your free day for a standalone 1 day rental at the Hertz Local Edition (not sure where it is...Harrah's?). Excellent use of 600 points for what will otherwise be a $50/day car.

No rental agencies in LAS are in the terminal that I know of. (Who cares whether they physically reside on city property or not - you gotta use a bus to get there.) Still, the buses are usually pretty quick, so your time-risk is only a few minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.