a few good coupon codes

Old Oct 6, 2004, 9:54 am

Thanks for the CDP and coupons. I ended up renting a car from DFW last weekend (5days) for $140 including tax!
Old Oct 6, 2004, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by AA_SPG_Fan

Hello Olivetti -

Those codes gave a 20% discount, but I already had a 30% discount so they didnt seem to help. I tried your holidayautos and the rate was wonderful about €200 -- saves about €150 -- are they fairly reliable rental service? I have no experience with them -- but the importance of an automatic is important to this Yankee!

Holiday Autos is a car rental broker which is owned by Lastminute.com, a very reliable internet booking compnay in europe with an excellent reputation.
They broker out the bookings to Avis,Hertz,Alamo,National and many other brand name car rental companies. I have used them and got to pick up car from Hertz. So good luck!!!
Old Oct 6, 2004, 5:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Elevate, AAdvantage, Mileage Plus
Was booking a 5-day (Fri-Tues) compact rental for SAN and used the CDP 5 (CSAA). Came to about $100 w/taxes and fees, which isn't bad. Interestingly, every PC I tried to add to the CDP made the rate go up. For example, the free day PC (924932) forced the system to book a weekly rental and then discounted it by one-day's rate. In this case there was no particular price break on the weekly rate, so it would have been like paying for 6 days instead of 5.
Old Oct 6, 2004, 11:44 pm

Programs: HYATT-Nothingness; Starwood-Nothingness; AA-Nothingness
Originally Posted by olivetti
Holiday Autos is a car rental broker which is owned by Lastminute.com, a very reliable internet booking compnay in europe with an excellent reputation.
They broker out the bookings to Avis,Hertz,Alamo,National and many other brand name car rental companies. I have used them and got to pick up car from Hertz. So good luck!!!

Hello Olivetti -

I got a fantastic rate from Holiday --- I think it was 140 euro for the week; as I was getting excited to confirm the reservation and submit my credit card info, they would not let me as I am a USA resident (similar to another thread on here). Seems that any US or Canadian residents are not entitled to the cheaper rates that I could procure for a guaranteed automatic car -- sounds like the same car I was getting from Hertz too (4-DR compact automatic) -- but about 200 euro more. Hertz cant help too much -- I have given them a variety of CDP's and pleas, but the best I could get was the 30% which ultimately results in the 300 euro rate.

I just wanted to add here --- Ive been renting cars in Europe for the past 5 years or so, and I cant drive a manual transmission. Ive tried researching a variety of car driving schools in LA and SFO and I cant find any -- the ones that I found willing only said if I would provide the manual tran car. If anyone knows of any schools in the LA area, please let me know -- this has always been a scorn to pay such premiums for automatic tran. cars.

Last edited by AA_SPG_Fan; Oct 6, 2004 at 11:47 pm
Old Oct 7, 2004, 8:07 pm

Programs: Too Many.....
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Thanks for calling attention to these Hertz promos. The promo code 924932 is a winner for me for an upcoming three-day weekend! ^
Worked great for me to ..
Old Oct 11, 2004, 2:25 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by AA_SPG_Fan

Hello Olivetti -

I got a fantastic rate from Holiday --- I think it was 140 euro for the week; as I was getting excited to confirm the reservation and submit my credit card info, they would not let me as I am a USA resident (similar to another thread on here). Seems that any US or Canadian residents are not entitled to the cheaper rates that I could procure for a guaranteed automatic car -- sounds like the same car I was getting from Hertz too (4-DR compact automatic) -- but about 200 euro more. Hertz cant help too much -- I have given them a variety of CDP's and pleas, but the best I could get was the 30% which ultimately results in the 300 euro rate.

I just wanted to add here --- Ive been renting cars in Europe for the past 5 years or so, and I cant drive a manual transmission. Ive tried researching a variety of car driving schools in LA and SFO and I cant find any -- the ones that I found willing only said if I would provide the manual tran car. If anyone knows of any schools in the LA area, please let me know -- this has always been a scorn to pay such premiums for automatic tran. cars.
For cars in Europe, you could try Auto Europe. They have similar broking arrangements and have a dedicated US website (I guess the rates could be higher but it's worth a go). Note that they can also place you with smaller local agencies (small chains, not single outlets), but I believe Holiday Autos do this occasionally as well.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 8:35 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold, MR Platinum Premier, Hertz PC, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EIPremier
Interestingly, every PC I tried to add to the CDP made the rate go up.
I found this too... and I was baffled until I looked at the mileage allowance.

The cheaper rental without the PC# has a 100mi/day limit, but when I entered the PC#, the rate jumped up but the mileage was changed to unlimited.

Maybe a requirement of the PC#?
Old Nov 2, 2004, 6:17 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Winston/R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co. Hertz Codes

This came in a mailing attached to cigarette coupons (and I don't smoke).

CDP # 1516853 for all the following PC #'s.

Up to $15 Off Weekend ($5 per day)
PC# 956465
Minimum 2 Days.

$10 Off Weekly
PC# 956454

One Car Class Upgrade
PC# 956602

Nothing great but they are good thru 3/31/05. And they are codes, not a coupon.
Old Nov 3, 2004, 2:00 am

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
Third day free on weekend rentals: 957666
Fifth day free on four day rental (weekend not required): 957670

Not as good as 924932, but don't expire until 1/15/05.
Old Nov 3, 2004, 5:25 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, IHG SA, National EE, Hertz PC, Marriott Silver
Ditto for me at MSY in November!!!

Originally Posted by travelg33k
Thanks for the CDP and coupons. I ended up renting a car from DFW last weekend (5days) for $140 including tax!
Old Nov 3, 2004, 8:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CalItalian
This came in a mailing attached to cigarette coupons (and I don't smoke).

CDP # 1516853 for all the following PC #'s.

Up to $15 Off Weekend ($5 per day)
PC# 956465
Minimum 2 Days.

$10 Off Weekly
PC# 956454

One Car Class Upgrade
PC# 956602

Nothing great but they are good thru 3/31/05. And they are codes, not a coupon.
If you book using these codes, they give you the gnarliest, nastiest smoking car on the lot. It will stink so bad, you'll have to light up a cheap cigar just to clear the air.
Old Nov 16, 2004, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

PC# 959350 - $15.00 off weekends 2-day rentals

Now through February 28, 2005, save $15 when you rent a Compact 4-Door through Full-Size 4-Door car for 2 or more days over a weekend. This offer is valid on Standard or Leisure Weekend Rental Rates at participating Hertz locations in the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S.V.I.

Or, for reservations and details, call your travel agent or Hertz at 1-800-654-2210. In Canada, call 1-800-263-0600; in Toronto (416) 620-9620. Please refer to PC# 959350 when making reservations. Reserve your vehicle today! See Terms and Conditions below.

Terms and Conditions: Advance reservations using the PC# shown are required and blackout periods may apply. Offer use may also be limited in some cities at some times, especially during periods of peak demand. This offer has no cash value, must be surrendered at time of rental and for Gold rentals at time of return and may not be used with any other certificate, discount, offer or promotion other than your CDP#. Standard rental qualifications, rental period and return restrictions must be met or offer is void. Discount applies to time and mileage charges only; taxes, surcharges, airport and other fees and optional items, such as refueling and additional drivers, are extra. All cars are subject to availability. Hertz rate and rental conditions for the renting location apply and the car must be returned to the original location of rental. Minimum rental age is 25 (exceptions apply). Offer valid on vehicle pickups through February 28, 2005.

In the U.S., weekend rates are available from noon Thursday through noon Sunday. The car must be returned by 11:59 p.m. Monday or higher rates may apply. In Canada, weekend rates are available from noon Thursday through noon Sunday, however, local city policy applies. The car must be returned by 11:59 a.m. Monday or higher rates may apply. Must rent for a minimum of two days. Thursday pickup requires a minimum three-day keep.
Old Nov 16, 2004, 7:11 am

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Hilton Diamond, HI Platinum, Delta Platinum
Thanks...

I was able to use the 924932 for three rentals over the next two week.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 12:48 pm
sib

Programs: BAEC Blue, BA AMEX, AMEX Platinum Chargecard, AMEX Gold
Any relevant PC's?

Does anyone know of any current PC's applicable for rentals in Turks & Caicos?

Looking for a weeks rental later this month. Got a 10% CDP but thought i'd ask if there were anymore savings to be had
Old Nov 22, 2004, 6:24 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
For EU rentals, enter EoW in the RQ field, for others WOW. These give good week/weekend discounts. In germany, enter IND for the internet day/weekend offers. These give good rates similiar when compared to my corporate and FQTV CDPs. The RQ BEST also yields a 10% discount if your CDP doesn't give you discounts.

PC codes do not work on the internet if you want to rent in europe using the local european sites.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.