Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Platinum Card CDP 211762: 4-Hour Grace Period in Canada?

Old May 15, 2024, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat

I could swear we got a 4-hour grace period on a return in New Zealand a decade ago, but the Amex T&Cs say the 4-hour grace is only within the US. Has anyone successfully used it in Canada?
Old May 15, 2024, 6:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I didn't think that Australia or New Zealand ever had the 4 hour grace period

Just trying a dummy booking for Toronto - with a pick up time of 12:00 and a return time of 16:00, I am getting quoted a rate that is just 1 day , so is giving the grace period
Explore and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old May 15, 2024, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I didn't think that Australia or New Zealand ever had the 4 hour grace period

Just trying a dummy booking for Toronto - with a pick up time of 12:00 and a return time of 16:00, I am getting quoted a rate that is just 1 day , so is giving the grace period
Thanks...works in Vancouver too! Also, I didn't realize you could input a return time 28 hours after pickup and have the system recognize it as a one-day rental. I figured you had to reserve even 24-hour days, then just return the car up to 4 hours late.

Is it necessary to pay for the rental with an Amex Platinum card?
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old May 16, 2024, 5:38 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
AMEX Platinum CDP - do I have to pay with Amex Platinum?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.