What has happened to Hertz???

Old Jun 4, 2024, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
In addition to the dumpster fire that is Hertz customer service and IT, they've also devalued their rewards points so much that its almost worthless like Avis points.
Blackout dates cover over half the year at many locations and only leave spotty periods to use points at normal level, and have them spaced so if you have a week rental then its almost impossible to find a non blackout week so you don't have to pay double the rate.
Auto Enthusiast, xienon and m907 like this.
Old Jun 4, 2024, 1:00 pm

Programs: WN CP, HHonors, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Premier,LaQuinta Elite, Amtrak
I quit accumulating Hertz points when i discovered that there was a 50% penalty for cancelling the reservation, even when in a timely fashion days before the pick up. No more playing that game, but I really have to watch them about not applying SWA rapid rewards, it often takes multiple emails to their customer disservice center to get it fixed. Better alternative for me seems to be Enterprise although I do miss the counter bypass option that we had with Hertz Gold.
MASTERNC likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.