How to View Status Expiration

Old Dec 26, 2022, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WoH Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hertz Prez's Circle
How to View Status Expiration

On the one hand, I received an email from Hertz inviting me to gift President's Circle status to someone else until the end of this year, but on the other hand, I was wondering how I can see if my own status is soon expiring (in which case I'd ask a friend to gift me status), or if I also have it for another year. What is the best way to view my status expiration within my account? Is there one? Otherwise, how can I identify this info?
Old Jan 2, 2023, 1:40 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by Yarhead
On the one hand, I received an email from Hertz inviting me to gift President's Circle status to someone else until the end of this year, but on the other hand, I was wondering how I can see if my own status is soon expiring (in which case I'd ask a friend to gift me status), or if I also have it for another year. What is the best way to view my status expiration within my account? Is there one? Otherwise, how can I identify this info?
I asked the same question in another thread as I was wondering the same thing. However, it's not surprising that no one on here can answer the question given that Hertz itself can't answer it either! I wrote to them to ask how I can find out when my status expires and got the following response: "Regarding your concern, we do not have a tentative date to confirm whether or not your status was expired."
Auto Enthusiast and randix like this.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 2:26 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lmagnott
I asked the same question in another thread as I was wondering the same thing. However, it's not surprising that no one on here can answer the question given that Hertz itself can't answer it either! I wrote to them to ask how I can find out when my status expires and got the following response: "Regarding your concern, we do not have a tentative date to confirm whether or not your status was expired."
Lol. This is about what I expect from them. Anyone else find that the app login often doesn't work? I swear more.often than not it says I can't login but can log in on the website.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 5:30 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I am hoping what it says in the Hertz app -- "Status for 2023 - President's Circle" -- can be taken literally.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 12:36 am

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cblaisd
I am hoping what it says in the Hertz app -- "Status for 2023 - President's Circle" -- can be taken literally.
Was able to log in to app on first try for once. Yeah that would be nice. Mine says same.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 8:48 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
Glad I'm not the only one who has been wondering this. Mine says 2023 status is PC as well. I don't think I should've earned it in 2022 and I definitely shouldn't have for 2023.

I thought I remember reading something a while back about status expiring in April but I could be wrong.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by cblaisd
I can't find it anywhere on the web, and see it in the app. I was thinking that it may expire at the end of the month because I would swear I saw that date years ago. I can't find it anywhere now, and I'm not calling.
view-with-a-room likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 5:58 am

Programs: AA (Lifetime Gold, 1MM),UA(Premier Silver), Hilton(Diamond), Marriott (LTT), Hertz (PC)
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I can't find it anywhere on the web, and see it in the app. I was thinking that it may expire at the end of the month because I would swear I saw that date years ago. I can't find it anywhere now, and I'm not calling.
Yes. The status is supposedly extended to 1/31/2023(yesterday).
However I checked online today and I still have President's Circle as of now. The thing is I want to know if I should apply for status through credit card or not. I'm not sure if I can do it while still having President's Circle status.
I only used Hertz twice in 2022...
Technically both Capital One Venture X and Amex Platinum cards include the benefits of getting Hertz President's Circle status. So it does not look like a very expensive status to get. I'm sure both banks have to pay Hertz some money for it but likely not a whole lot.

Now my question is, did anyone lose status today? or got any e-mail that the status is expiring?
Old Feb 1, 2023, 7:35 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
My 2023 status still says PC in the app.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 1:24 pm

My status is still President's Circle.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 3:51 pm

Rented a car last week in HNL and I was still president's circle and was directed to the lot to pick out a car from the appropriate section.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA MM
A few weeks ago I got an email saying as a special gift my PC status would be extended through June 2023. And if I rent 2x during that time, through the rest of 2023.

But, I had $6400 spend with Hertz in calendar 2022. As near as I understand it, that pretty easily qualifies for PC.

What am I missing? Given how hard it seems to contact Hertz, I am dubious about getting any meaningful response on this.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer
A few weeks ago I got an email saying as a special gift my PC status would be extended through June 2023. And if I rent 2x during that time, through the rest of 2023.

But, I had $6400 spend with Hertz in calendar 2022. As near as I understand it, that pretty easily qualifies for PC.

What am I missing? Given how hard it seems to contact Hertz, I am dubious about getting any meaningful response on this.
I haven't received any email beyond offering me to share status, as did my husband. He tried to share it with me and the system rejected it because I was still a PC member. I think I rented 1 car in 2022, and that was to keep my points alive. I just rented for a week. I have to look to see if I did receive that email so I know whether or not to rent a car for the day again.

If you still have the email, would you be able to tell me the date you received it so I can look for it?
Old Feb 19, 2023, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by Mary2e
If you still have the email, would you be able to tell me the date you received it so I can look for it?
Sure, Feb 9, 2:54 PM EST

Yes I also got the "gift PC" email late last year (I think) and I did so, to my son-in-law.
Mary2e likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.