Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz President's Circle Vs Alamo

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2022, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Question Hertz President's Circle Vs Alamo

Hi there,

My Family and I are traveling to Orlando in September 2022. We need a car that can accommodate all our luggage. (Minivan or Full-size SUV). Through my Amex card I got "President's Circle" status at Hertz. But I don't have much experience as a Hertz customer.

I'm trying to decide between Hertz and Alamo.

On rentcars.com I got a very good deal with Alamo for a Full Size SUV. On there Hertz website I got a Minivan reservation for a little bit less than the deal with Alamo.

I always hat very good experiences with Alamo. New fleet, clean cars, variety. Fair Toll policy. what about Hertz? Is the President's Circle worth it? Do I have good chances to get an upgrade for a Full Size SUV? Do they honor the customer status? Do they have a fleet in good shape?

A relatively new Toyota Sienna or the Chrysler minivan should work for us. Just afraid to be stuck to a 4 years old or older minivan like some companies still have

What do you guys think?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 22, 2022 at 2:01 pm Reason: removed extra line breaks in post
Old Jul 22, 2022, 4:11 pm

At the risk of...
  • Sounding like a broken record; and/or
  • Sounding like I'm a schill
Start (and stop?) your rental car search with AutoSlash.com

Back to my 110 degree cave...
Old Jul 22, 2022, 7:26 pm
ull

Usually you can expect all kinds of sedans and compact to mid size SUVs in Hertz president's circle lot. Yes that's what presidents drive, according to Hertz. Minivans and Full-size SUVs are not granted in PC area.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 9:17 pm

What Amex card can get you president circle status? To my knowledge hertz only gives holders of Amex black card and capital1's new card (forgot the name) PC status.

Hertz usually doesn't have beaten up minivans here (2018 model year probably yes, but these are used cars that had very low mileage in their first 1-3 years). You'll get a Pacifica, sienna or odyssey in 99% situations.

I don't think this location puts minivan in PC anymore. Fullsize SUVs yes, but they are usually gone in 5 minutes after being put in the spot so don't count on that either. Depends on the time and the day and the supervisor of the line workers, the president circle choice in MCO can be very limited and will last until day end (so wait for one hour for a better car usually doesn't work here).
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 12:23 am
ull

Originally Posted by corolla
What Amex card can get you president circle status? To my knowledge hertz only gives holders of Amex black card and capital1's new card (forgot the name) PC status.

Hertz usually doesn't have beaten up minivans here (2018 model year probably yes, but these are used cars that had very low mileage in their first 1-3 years). You'll get a Pacifica, sienna or odyssey in 99% situations.

I don't think this location puts minivan in PC anymore. Fullsize SUVs yes, but they are usually gone in 5 minutes after being put in the spot so don't count on that either. Depends on the time and the day and the supervisor of the line workers, the president circle choice in MCO can be very limited and will last until day end (so wait for one hour for a better car usually doesn't work here).
You don't need Amex black card for this. Anyone with platinum card can get Hertz PC by a few rounds of status matching.

Amex offers Marriott gold, which can be used to match National EE status. Then you can get Hertz PC by matching National EE.

Hate to play this walk-around but sadly the experience as a Gold/5 star member is so bad at many Hertz locations nowadays.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Personally, I'd choose a minivan as a PC at Hertz for slightly less than a full size SUV at Alamo. Because
- Minivan easier to in and out of
- Cheaper
- As a PC, you are much less likely to have no car assigned to you
Old Jul 27, 2022, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corolla

To be precise: In 2019 I got the top tier status by National using the AMEX issued in Brazil, and then got a status Match by Hertz.

Originally Posted by noah
Personally, I'd choose a minivan as a PC at Hertz for slightly less than a full size SUV at Alamo. Because
- Minivan easier to in and out of
- Cheaper
- As a PC, you are much less likely to have no car assigned to you

Very good points! Thank you very much for sharing your opinion. Almost forgot that a reservation on a third party site does not guarantee I will get a car. And that is scary when your vacation depends on that.
Ordpc likes this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 28, 2022 at 4:05 am Reason: consecutive posts merged

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.