Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Hertz Gold Standard Clean" pledge not applicable in US anymore?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2022, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Hi all,
While watching some videos on youtube of Hertz' car selection aisles I noticed that since March/April most of the cars I see in those videos don't have the "Gold Standard Clean" seal on the door anymore. They also don't advertise for it on their US-website anymore. They do however on their non US-websites (i.e. UK, Germany, Netherlands, ...). Now I'm wondering if Hertz has abondend their pledge in the US? Maybe someone here has "official" knowledge from a station employee about this policy.

Cheers!
m907 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 6:34 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Not sure that their "enhanced cleaning" was really much different than their standard pre-Covid cleaning process other than putting a seal on the door to make folks feel better. It mainly was marketing/theater in our experience.

Furthermore, with the "great resignation" and the challenge of hiring staff lately, not to mention Covid concerns waning in recent months, it's unsurprising that their clean pledge is being quietly reduced or outright abandoned.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 11:38 am

Second autoslash. The sticker does nothing more than leaving some glue mark on the b pillar. No cleaning process was different- it was different at the beginning in mid-2020 but quickly changed back to normal.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 1:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by corolla
Second autoslash. The sticker does nothing more than leaving some glue mark on the b pillar. No cleaning process was different- it was different at the beginning in mid-2020 but quickly changed back to normal.
I second that.
At my local HLE that I regularly rented from when I was not traveling they told me at the beginning they were shipped some kind of special disinfectant product but they only received only a few shipment of them(lasted less than a year) and never got any more not heard of them.
Ordpc and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
I have several extra unused Hertz gold clean stickers.

I assume it will be a head scratcher a decade or so from now when they appear on a row of cars
Old Jun 20, 2022, 3:25 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LJ7006
I second that.
At my local HLE that I regularly rented from when I was not traveling they told me at the beginning they were shipped some kind of special disinfectant product but they only received only a few shipment of them(lasted less than a year) and never got any more not heard of them.
I could imagine these shipments stopped when Hertz entered bankruptcy.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 6:51 am

Pandemic rentals all I ever got were broken stickers, never a car with a sealed intact sticker at airports or HLE's.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 7:33 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Put me down as one of the ones that never cared about that - of course, I'd expect the cars to be reasonably cleaned between rentals (exterior washed and interior cleaned up of leftover trash), but sanitizing with harsh chemicals just made them smelly and nauseating to me. (And haven't we known since near the beginning that spreading COVID through surface contact was vanishingly rare?)

But yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if, with Hertz pinching pennies, this initiative has fallen by the wayside.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 7:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by strickerj
Put me down as one of the ones that never cared about that - of course, I'd expect the cars to be reasonably cleaned between rentals (exterior washed and interior cleaned up of leftover trash), but sanitizing with harsh chemicals just made them smelly and nauseating to me. (And haven't we known since near the beginning that spreading COVID through surface contact was vanishingly rare?)

But yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if, with Hertz pinching pennies, this initiative has fallen by the wayside.
Yep, happy it ended. We had an issue with police cruisers anyway turning the plastics white with the bleach additive in the sprayers and then the drying out of the plastics prematurely with the alcohol mist sprayers.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 3:28 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
I will miss laughing when I saw cars driving around with the stickers somehow still on the doors.
strickerj and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I never received any cars that had any indication of being more clean or specially cleaned when that sticker was on there. They were dirty before, they're still dirty now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.