Wiki Posts
Search

President's Circle - Maximizing Benefits

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2022, 9:25 am
Original Poster

President's Circle - Maximizing Benefits

Hi Flyers.
I am a President's Circle member and I keep getting the feeling that I'm not maximizing the benefits. I most often rent from PHX. I pay for a full-sized car and end up picking something from the President's Circle line (don't know if I could rent a smaller car and get the same treatment). The cars are always "fine" - wish they were better. I have never found availability to use reward points. For reference, I have about 8-9 rentals so far this year and 32 rental days, so I'm pacing ~20 rentals and ~75 days this year. Anyone have an opinion on any of this or is there a guide out there that someone has put together on how to get the most out of Hertz status?
Old May 27, 2022, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by livinloose
Hi Flyers.
I am a President's Circle member and I keep getting the feeling that I'm not maximizing the benefits. I most often rent from PHX. I pay for a full-sized car and end up picking something from the President's Circle line (don't know if I could rent a smaller car and get the same treatment). The cars are always "fine" - wish they were better. I have never found availability to use reward points. For reference, I have about 8-9 rentals so far this year and 32 rental days, so I'm pacing ~20 rentals and ~75 days this year. Anyone have an opinion on any of this or is there a guide out there that someone has put together on how to get the most out of Hertz status?
What do you expect? Paying $30 a day and get a bmw 740 regularly?

With the lowered requirements for president circle since COVID and the free status to some credit card holders, the value of being a PC can only go down further.

Also I'm not too sure why you book a full-size?
Auto Enthusiast, jizen and kxc262 like this.
Old May 27, 2022, 3:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
Unless I need an SUV I just book regular and grab whatever from PC. There's no point to booking a mid-tier car hoping for a one tier upgrade to what you want.
Ordpc and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old May 28, 2022, 11:18 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I think the question is why are you booking a full-size car at PHX when you could be booking a (likely) cheaper midsize car and still have the same access to Ultimate Choice?
Old Jun 1, 2022, 2:35 pm

I think the reality is that the benefits of PC are limited these days. There used to be more (e.g. guaranteed availability) but those have been whittled away over the years; these days the benefits are higher point earning and increased vehicle selection (PC aisle). And the PC aisle can vary from Nissan Sentras to an occasional luxury car.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 9:48 pm

Matching Hertz President's Circle to National Executive Elite
that's one benefit I can think of, so you can have more choices and compare both aisles
Old Jun 8, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I think the question is why are you booking a full-size car at PHX when you could be booking a (likely) cheaper midsize car and still have the same access to Ultimate Choice?
Agree, this is the only "perk" you are missing. You are overpaying when a mid-size gets you access to the PC aisle as well.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 7:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton and Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Plat, United Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by neo_781
Agree, this is the only "perk" you are missing. You are overpaying when a mid-size gets you access to the PC aisle as well.
Not necessarily overpaying. I had a reservation that I ended up not using where a Premium was actually the cheapest class of car for Hertz and had I kept it, I was going to see if the Premium or PC selection was better and take from whichever one had nicer cars.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 9:32 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by neo_781
I've found often with status (regardless of rental agency) the full and mid size end up the same price because you get the "free" car class bump.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by TXJeepGuy
I've found often with status (regardless of rental agency) the full and mid size end up the same price because you get the "free" car class bump.
Not at hertz. D and F usually share the same price but C is always different. Difference is usually minor but still different

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.