Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Renting for 24 hours-Fri-Saturday but the rental location is closed on Saturdays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renting for 24 hours-Fri-Saturday but the rental location is closed on Saturdays

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2022, 2:43 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by corolla
Just as a reminder, this does not apply to all other locations. This location’s manager actually bothered to compare all these contracts to the original reservations (all the contracts are not closed out by computer though, it’s just the time on the first receipt wasn’t manually changed to the previous day and they corrected it after. Local locations have time limit to do this change though, after a certain time only cooperate can change it), but many many places wouldn’t do it even you request.
Excellent point. We know of countless situations where renters were charged until the office reopened and the vehicle was checked back in, and you often have little recourse, despite what the original rental reservation/contract says. Definitely a YMMV situation.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 5:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Excellent point. We know of countless situations where renters were charged until the office reopened and the vehicle was checked back in, and you often have little recourse, despite what the original rental reservation/contract says. Definitely a YMMV situation.
There is pretty much no recourse given that Hertz pubblishes a policy on this matter
AutoSlash and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
I just run into this issue. The return time on confirmation is when the local HLE office is closed. I received no warning when making this reservation on Hertz.com. I only found out when checking return procedure as some HLEs require parking in a specific location. I may need to return it one day early to avoid potential billing issues.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 12:12 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TerryK
I just run into this issue. The return time on confirmation is when the local HLE office is closed. I received no warning when making this reservation on Hertz.com. I only found out when checking return procedure as some HLEs require parking in a specific location. I may need to return it one day early to avoid potential billing issues.
Does this location offer after hours return?
Old Dec 22, 2023, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seawolf
Does this location offer after hours return?
Yes, that's Hertz reservation's explanation of why there was no warning. I am not confident if Hertz will back date and adjust the contract, as described upthread, correctly though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.