Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Issue Using Hertz Points" Thread

Consolidated "Issue Using Hertz Points" Thread

Old Mar 28, 2022, 2:16 pm

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
ANYONE ever able to use points in Europe? I choose a week. Select compact/intermediate. Then in the dropdown menu select: 1 week free 2800 points. Then NOTHING changes to the price... I tried mobile, 3 diff browsers, app, laptop with diff browsers etc. Nothing ever works... Amsterdam/Brussels/london. hertz.co.uk/ hertz.nl/ hertz other europe sites. Nothing helps.. Anyone know any solution?
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by uncleruckus
Question when booking with points. I always decline insurance because the card I use to book paid reservations covers me very well. But if I pay for a rental 100% on points does anyone know if the card will cover me? I am thinking not because I am not actually putting any money on the card, and instead I should probably opt for the basic coverage from Hertz?
Check your credit card LDW T&C, it should be covered since you still need to pay taxes.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I've noticed the website does not actually change the price when selecting points... you only see the lower price with points applied after you click continue and book the rental. Pretty absurd.

Fyi - I have managed to get the website to actually allow booking with points most of the time. Usually the first time I try it displays the typical 'no points awards are available at this location'. If I go back and start the booking process again, then it magically shows the dropdown to select points.
Auto Enthusiast and Marko123 like this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Data point - I could not get the website to even display an option to use points. Downloaded the app and it worked just fine.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:21 am

I booked two reservations with points (that would have used up all the points I had). I just completed one last week. When I logged into my account today, my original point balance is showing (including the cost of the completed points reservation). It's definitely an awkward situation because it seems to have given back all the points I already redeemed, yet they technically wouldn't be mine to use because I shouldn't have them.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 9:36 pm

I should have enough points for free rental soon. Got a couple of questions that if you all could answer that would be great!

1) Can you choose any class car up to premium for free if I redeem points?
2) Can I use points if for example I only have enough for 1 day but want to rent for 2?
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by MASTERNC
I booked two reservations with points (that would have used up all the points I had). I just completed one last week. When I logged into my account today, my original point balance is showing (including the cost of the completed points reservation). It's definitely an awkward situation because it seems to have given back all the points I already redeemed, yet they technically wouldn't be mine to use because I shouldn't have them.
Consider it a gift for heaving to deal with Hertz poor customer service and dysfunctional IT
Tanic and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 4:42 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by MASTERNC
It's definitely an awkward situation because it seems to have given back all the points I already redeemed, yet they technically wouldn't be mine to use because I shouldn't have them.
An arrest warrant is on the way!
Old Apr 30, 2022, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Tanic
An arrest warrant is on the way!
I already got extra points when a HLE closed and an agent booked me at another location. She couldnít cancel the old one herself so she added points to my account to complete the new reservation. I didnít realize it until I canceled the old one and had the original point balance, then I checked my account history. I donít want to push my luck that much in case they ever decide to ďauditĒ points.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Thankfully when I switched to the 1-888 PC line it was much easier
I couldn't find any book with points options others have mentioned upthread either on the website or the mobile app. Gave up and called the PC line, they answered in like 1 ring and took care of the points booking no problem.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 6:33 am

5000 Points

Hello,

I am a Hertz Gold member and 5000 points with Hertz. We are looking to use them for a rental.

However it is proving quite difficult. Does anyone have any recommendations for how to use them?

(I have tried via the app and called, neither were helpful).

Looking for a 10 day rental in Texas in October.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 7:01 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by JCSTravel
Hello,

I am a Hertz Gold member and 5000 points with Hertz. We are looking to use them for a rental.

However it is proving quite difficult. Does anyone have any recommendations for how to use them?

(I have tried via the app and called, neither were helpful).

Looking for a 10 day rental in Texas in October.
I went ahead and merged this question to the consolidated issue using Hertz points thread.

Jason8612 Hertz Mod
Old Oct 15, 2022, 12:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, AA LT Gold, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC, HP Masters emeritus (sigh)
I can't ever seem to get the pay with points option to pop up anymore when I book rentals on the app or website. Is it me or what is going on? Has happened since the points rates were increased.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 8:12 am

Programs: UA MM
I made a reservation last night on the web site, 3 week rental. When I got to the final screen, which shows the price and where you can enter your arrival info, I was presented with a drop down menu which gave me various options as to apply points to the rental, up to a week. When I'd select one, I would immediately see the price I would pay for the remainder of the rental update. I was pleasantly surprised that this all worked so smoothly. Maybe I can actually start using my accumulated points now! (I did use some for one of the weeks)
Old Dec 19, 2022, 5:04 pm

Hertz's cancelation policy for points reservations is so unclear. Booked a larger SUV to take an elderly relative to my parents for Christmas. She was admitted to the hospital this weekend and it unclear if she will be ready to go in time. The cancelation policy says that PC members get all their points back if canceled at least 24 hours in advance. However, it only says points are forfeited if the reservation isn't canceled by pick-up time or if the renter doesn't show. It doesn't say whether you get your points back if you have to cancel less than 24 hours in advance. Hertz agents on Twitter told me to call the Gold Plus hotline, where a (non-US?) agent seemed to tell me I'd still get all my points back.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.