Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Issue Using Hertz Points" Thread

Consolidated "Issue Using Hertz Points" Thread

Old Jan 30, 2022, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by hypervoyage
Responding to an old thread since I encountered the same problem. However, this is limited to North America and Canada only. I can still find plenty of award availability in March 2022 at European destinations like Frankfurt or Amsterdam. So it's definitely not a general block on bookings for the next calendar year.

My guess is this is a very conscious decision in line with the still shockingly high rental prices in the US/Canada, whereas nearly every European country has returned to pre-covid pricing.
I'm seeing similar issues in the UK also, can't get any dates to price up a rental at all.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 5:02 pm

Still no points reservations

I've been trying to weeks to redeem points for an award reservation online and so finally called today. After providing the details of the rental dates/location, I was put on hold a long time. I was eventually given the lie that the system was down, even after I repeated I had been trying for weeks to book online. The representative made me a paid reservation and said I could call in a day to switch it to points, but I don't believe that. I said I would not use the paid reservation. Has anyone succeeded in getting a US points reservation for 2022?
Old Feb 5, 2022, 12:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors SWA Hertz
Originally Posted by sharonsimon
I've been trying to weeks to redeem points for an award reservation online and so finally called today. After providing the details of the rental dates/location, I was put on hold a long time. I was eventually given the lie that the system was down, even after I repeated I had been trying for weeks to book online. The representative made me a paid reservation and said I could call in a day to switch it to points, but I don't believe that. I said I would not use the paid reservation. Has anyone succeeded in getting a US points reservation for 2022?
You're lucky you were able to reach someone on the phone to lie to you. I haven't been able to use points all year, at any location. Hertz is as bad as it gets.
rylan likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by Uriah Heep
You're lucky you were able to reach someone on the phone to lie to you. I haven't been able to use points all year, at any location. Hertz is as bad as it gets.
It wasn't working on the website but I had success using the mobile app
Old Feb 7, 2022, 9:16 am

Using Hertz Rewards Points…Is the Website/App Broken in 2022?

Ok wondering if any one can help me out….after searching the forums can’t seem to find anything - so I’m starting to wonder if its “me” …not “you”…ha.

Trying to search options to redeem rewards points - currently a ‘22 prez circle member with ~4,000 pts. I’ve tried searching on safari, chrome, mobile, phone app, but can’t seem to find a car that it will allow me to book with points….

Looking at PHX in May. Tried searching some other major hubs as well to see if it was a PHX issue, nope can’t get LAX or MIA to load either.

Is the website just broken? Can anyone else search for award availability? Am I forced to call the dreaded CS line? *sigh* TIA!
Old Feb 7, 2022, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Website is hopelessly broken. A handful of people here reported being able to find points availability, but it seems that in the overwhelming number of cases its showing nothing.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 12:53 pm

Yes, not consistently, but I have been successful in occasionally seeing award options on the mobile app, but they were not for 750/day so I passed...
Old Feb 8, 2022, 6:34 pm

I was unable to make a points reservation on the website, so I switched over to the mobile app. Worked just fine!
Old Feb 8, 2022, 6:35 pm

Had to use the app to get points redemptions to work. YMMV.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 11:49 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Anyone notice peak dates for 2022 appear to include most of summer 2022 for all locations? Basically July and August are all peak times - including podunk airports!
Old Mar 6, 2022, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yeah Hertz has set half the year as 'peak', but thats even if you can actually get the system to accept a points reservation. Still broken on the website, and I can't even get the app to let me use points for a week either.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 11:23 am

Trying to book with points is so hard!
As someone who rents 1-2x a month, should I just start using a different company.
Trying to do a 3 day rental with points in Vancouver in May, can't find anything. Website, app, called over phone and they said they can't see any availability in Vancouver for all of 2022?
Old Mar 16, 2022, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by ORK78600
Trying to book with points is so hard!
As someone who rents 1-2x a month, should I just start using a different company.
Trying to do a 3 day rental with points in Vancouver in May, can't find anything. Website, app, called over phone and they said they can't see any availability in Vancouver for all of 2022?
Same here in Toronto, tried to book a week long rental, tried airport/HLE locations, tried other cities in Ontario, no availability for the whole year, which is ridiculous
Looks like the corporate suspend points redemption in Canada
Old Mar 24, 2022, 11:34 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
No luck with the website (unsurprisingly, it's never worked for points reservations in the past few years IME!) and Hertz UK CS were hopeless, they didn't even seem to know what points were! Thankfully when I switched to the 1-888 PC line it was much easier - one-way reservation SFO/LAX for Sept booked. Would have been ~$1,200, ended up costing 7,500 pts plus $290 which seemed a reasonable deal for a one-way rental.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 1:39 pm

Question when booking with points. I always decline insurance because the card I use to book paid reservations covers me very well. But if I pay for a rental 100% on points does anyone know if the card will cover me? I am thinking not because I am not actually putting any money on the card, and instead I should probably opt for the basic coverage from Hertz?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.