Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Guaranteed Car Class and Points Reservation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2021, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Needed to burn Gold Plus Rewards points so I booked a local SUV rental for 10 days around July 4 to keep about 1,000 miles off one of our small SUVs. The car class has a no-show fee. However, the current situation with car availability has me worried I will show up in July and there will be no SUVs that are the size I want, or even something like a minivan, and that all that is available will be regular cars. If there aren’t any larger vehicles, there would be no point in renting.

According to the reservation terms, the reservation will be null and void for a “guaranteed” (one for a specialty car class with a no-show fee) if Hertz can’t deliver the category I rented, and said fee will not be charged. However, does that mean they can’t force me to take a regular car, and that I can walk away and get my rewards points back in full?
Old Apr 19, 2021, 7:48 am

Which term are you talking a bout? Their definition of ‘guaranteed’ vehicle might be different from what you think but they generally got enough SUV supplies but if they out of cars a Nissan kicks is not a downgrade to a Q4 reservation
Old Apr 19, 2021, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corolla
Which term are you talking a bout? Their definition of ‘guaranteed’ vehicle might be different from what you think but they generally got enough SUV supplies but if they out of cars a Nissan kicks is not a downgrade to a Q4 reservation
Say I have a reservation for a Group L SFAR and all they have is a Nissan Kicks or a sedan. A larger SUV or a minivan would be an acceptable substitute, but not a subcompact SUV or a sedan.

I assume if there were no cars, I'd get all my points back anyway.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by MASTERNC
Say I have a reservation for a Group L SFAR and all they have is a Nissan Kicks or a sedan. A larger SUV or a minivan would be an acceptable substitute, but not a subcompact SUV or a sedan.

I assume if there were no cars, I'd get all my points back anyway.
The thing is what exactly ‘guaranteed’ term are you talking about- if it’s the kind of notification after you selecting a car then immediately shows up that you can’t cancel T-4 or T-24 before proceeding to the options etc, that doesn’t really 100% guarantee a vehicle you want but close to 99.9% because the protocol is they’d actually get one from somewhere else for you if they don’t have it. But the term everywhere else makes no sense to you. I’ve never really been in such situations before but based on me dealing with hertz lately, if the points don’t automatically added back after they void the contract then it’ll take some time to actually get them back

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.