Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at SAT; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2021, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: National EE, Avis PP

Noticed there wasn't a inventory thread for the San Antonio Airport.
They have a consolidated rental car facility now, so the location has Gold Plus and such.

Thursday 3/4 6:00PM
Had next to nothing. Just a Corolla and SUVs (the latter of which were considered "upgrades")

Swung by after a return on 3/6 12:30PM
Much better selection for President's Circle
SLC300
Lincoln MkZ
BMW 430i GranCoupe
Camaro SS Convertible
missingcolours, m907 and Ordpc like this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 1:33 pm

I am scheduled to arrive a week from now to San Antonio and have a prepaid reservation from Hertz for a small SUV. I'm a five star member and this is my first time renting from Hertz at this location (I used National's Emerald Aisle on a trip here back in May) and have a few questions:

If I prepaid, what kind of hold, if any, will be placed on my credit card?

Am I eligible to use Ultimate Choice, or will I just be assigned a car in this class? Or what should I expect?

Anything else I should be aware of?

Thank you!
Old Jul 29, 2021, 2:54 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by VilmarTraveler
I am scheduled to arrive a week from now to San Antonio and have a prepaid reservation from Hertz for a small SUV. I'm a five star member and this is my first time renting from Hertz at this location (I used National's Emerald Aisle on a trip here back in May) and have a few questions:

If I prepaid, what kind of hold, if any, will be placed on my credit card?

Am I eligible to use Ultimate Choice, or will I just be assigned a car in this class? Or what should I expect?

Anything else I should be aware of?

Thank you!
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

I can address what I bolded above. Since you reserved a specific class of vehicle (small SUV), your name should appear on the board with a space. Your vehicle should be in that space. Of course you can ask someone if there are other options, and there may be upgrade options as well (for a fee).
Hope you enjoy your time in Texas!
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 4:06 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles - Platinum; Hertz - President's Circle; Expedia - Gold
VilmarTraveler With a Five Star status you can use the respective Ultimate Choice parking lot and choose any car there.
Booking a mid-size SUV (or any other special class) guarantees a car from that class assigned and waiting for you, but you are not required to settle for some boring result of that lottery
Old Mar 6, 2022, 12:27 pm

Picked up Saturday morning from PC. Aisle had some Altimas and a Jeep Latitude. Selected a '20 Toyota Avalon Touring with 39k miles on it.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
I'm helping a friend with a rental at SAT. He's a first time Gold member, first rental (large sedan). His reservation says "Standard Counter". Is the procedure to go to the rental car lot in the parking structure, see if name is on the board, and if not go to Gold booth in the garage? Or is there a Gold section to pick any large sedan and just go to the exit booth with DL and CC in hand? He clicked the "Skip the Counter" option when making the reservation. But I'm not sure this has any value?

Last edited by paule123; Mar 14, 2023 at 10:44 pm
Old Mar 15, 2023, 9:31 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton and Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Plat, United Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by paule123
I'm helping a friend with a rental at SAT. He's a first time Gold member, first rental (large sedan). His reservation says "Standard Counter". Is the procedure to go to the rental car lot in the parking structure, see if name is on the board, and if not go to Gold booth in the garage? Or is there a Gold section to pick any large sedan and just go to the exit booth with DL and CC in hand? He clicked the "Skip the Counter" option when making the reservation. But I'm not sure this has any value?
I'm pretty sure that the first rental as a member of any RAC program requires going to the desk to answer all of the questions, e.g. CDW, Fuel option, etc, that will be in your profile from that rental forward. At least that has been my experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.