FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   US Hertz Fleet - What Makes/Models are Available? (2021 and onwards Thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/2031999-us-hertz-fleet-what-makes-models-available-2021-onwards-thread.html)

jason8612 Jan 6, 2021 10:20 pm

US Hertz Fleet - What Makes/Models are Available? (2021 and onwards Thread)

US Hertz Fleet - What Makes/Models are Available? (2021 Thread)

This is the new thread for the Hertz fleet from 2021 and onwards.
It is a continuation of https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hert...20-thread.html

Please see the wiki for details. Members with 90 days or more of membership and at least 90 posts may update the wiki, as needed.

Questions regarding specific locations (eg, "I am Renting From XXX; What Might I Get?") may be moved by a moderator to specific/dedicated threads for that location. All major airport codes may be searched using FlyerTalk's search engine; otherwise, words in " " quotation marks will bypass the character limit filter.

Thanks,
Jason8612 Hertz Mod

doglynx Jan 14, 2021 5:43 am

Not sure who put Impreza back in the new list, but this vehicle doesn’t exist in fleet. Also the forester is very questionable too;

I would suggest delete all but Dodge Journey in class K6; I’ve not seen any of those actually existed in K6 instead of L4

I actually spotted a Toyota Prius at an HLE 2 months ago, but not sure if this thing still exists in the fleet

I’m not sure why I can’t see the edit button for the wiki, so if someone can add these it would be great:

Compacts/B
VW Beetle (YB)
VW Golf
Hyundai Veloster

Full size/F
Toyota Camry

Q4
Ford Escape
VW Tiguan

L
Hyundai Santa Fe

B4
Toyota CH-R

F4
Ford Edge

L4
Kia Sorento

H4
Infiniti QX50

LJ7006 Jan 15, 2021 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by doglynx (Post 32967288)
Not sure who put Impreza back in the new list, but this vehicle doesn’t exist in fleet. Also the forester is very questionable too;

I would suggest delete all but Dodge Journey in class K6; I’ve not seen any of those actually existed in K6 instead of L4

I actually spotted a Toyota Prius at an HLE 2 months ago, but not sure if this thing still exists in the fleet

I had rented 5+ times this year already and I can tell you that subarus do exist in the fleet.
Also K6 just means 2WD version of L4.
It's not a bookable class but they do exist.

doglynx Jan 15, 2021 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by LJ7006 (Post 32971155)
I had rented 5+ times this year already and I can tell you that subarus do exist in the fleet.
Also K6 just means 2WD version of L4.
It's not a bookable class but they do exist.

I'm currently in my 5th rental this year now, and its been in different places

Outback and probably at some areas forester do exist - however Impreza? Never saw a real one

I know what a K6 is - the thing is do the 2WD version except dodge journey still exist in the fleet? Even hertz buy 2WD QX60 I doubt there is a 2WD pathfinder

Leek Jan 15, 2021 2:23 pm

I guess it depends on the location, I haven't seen Audi in the east coast maybe I might have missed it.

LJ7006 Jan 15, 2021 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by doglynx (Post 32971239)
I'm currently in my 5th rental this year now, and its been in different places

Outback and probably at some areas forester do exist - however Impreza? Never saw a real one

I know what a K6 is - the thing is do the 2WD version except dodge journey still exist in the fleet? Even hertz buy 2WD QX60 I doubt there is a 2WD pathfinder

Personally never seen a AWD pathfinder other than in colorado once in 2020 since late 2019.
Every single impreza that I had seen seems to have either colorado/utah/washington plate
The only guaranteed 7 seater suv model seems to be the Kia sorento.
Never seen a single one in 2WD form.
I had seen everything else in 2WD form.

Originally Posted by Leek (Post 32971248)
I guess it depends on the location, I haven't seen Audi in the east coast maybe I might have missed it.

That too, there's sometimes a difference in fleet between regions. Just like I had only seen a Jeep gladiator once in the west coast but for a while they were everywhere in the east coast

at4behe1 Jan 18, 2021 8:50 am

Happy New Year and sorry for being OT - are rental car prices inside US also that high currently like I am experiencing when booking from EU? Used to get a 4 week rental on a FFAR for something like 62 USD a day, but now rates have skyrocketed to above 80 USD a day???

Another question: Does Hertz actually carry Premium Pickup-Trucks? At Alamo I get SPAR (Medium Size) and PPAR (Premium). Hertz website gives me O6 (Frontier Crew Cab, "Small"), S (RAM 1500 "Medium"), S7 (F250 "Fullsize Elite").

KevinMD Jan 19, 2021 6:07 am

Was at an HLE in Tulsa picking up a vehicle and while they were processing the paperwork, I noticed a Honda Civic in the parking lot with FL plates. Was in a hurry so I didn't get a chance to ask what the story was with the Civic.

m907 Jan 19, 2021 6:19 am

Originally Posted by at4behe1 (Post 32976962)
Happy New Year and sorry for being OT - are rental car prices inside US also that high currently like I am experiencing when booking from EU? Used to get a 4 week rental on a FFAR for something like 62 USD a day, but now rates have skyrocketed to above 80 USD a day???

Another question: Does Hertz actually carry Premium Pickup-Trucks? At Alamo I get SPAR (Medium Size) and PPAR (Premium). Hertz website gives me O6 (Frontier Crew Cab, "Small"), S (RAM 1500 "Medium"), S7 (F250 "Fullsize Elite").

In my experience, rental car prices have been high since the summer. The companies, especially Hertz, sold off a lot of their fleets and have not replaced enough of them to normalize prices.

jizen Jan 19, 2021 10:37 am

Don't get fooled by Alamo/National types, premium pick up trucks just simply means full-size pick up trucks.
It doesn't mean that all of their F-150 or RAM 1500 come with higher trim levels.

missingcolours Jan 19, 2021 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by at4behe1 (Post 32976962)

Originally Posted by jizen (Post 32979804)
Don't get fooled by Alamo/National types, premium pick up trucks just simply means full-size pick up trucks.
It doesn't mean that all of their F-150 or RAM 1500 come with higher trim levels.

Yeah, both EHI (Enterprise/National/Alamo) and Hertz have essentially two categories: small pickups (Chevy Colorado, Nissan Frontier - SPAR at EHI, O6 at Hertz) and full-size pickups (Chevy Silverado, Dodge Ram, Ford F-150 - PPAR at EHI, S at Hertz).

Only bigger trucks I've seen on the lots are the Ram 2500s, which seem to have mostly all vanished with COVID. I've never seen S7 as a bookable category, what location was that at?

at4behe1 Jan 20, 2021 3:59 am

Originally Posted by missingcolours (Post 32980312)
Yeah, both EHI (Enterprise/National/Alamo) and Hertz have essentially two categories: small pickups (Chevy Colorado, Nissan Frontier - SPAR at EHI, O6 at Hertz) and full-size pickups (Chevy Silverado, Dodge Ram, Ford F-150 - PPAR at EHI, S at Hertz).

Only bigger trucks I've seen on the lots are the Ram 2500s, which seem to have mostly all vanished with COVID. I've never seen S7 as a bookable category, what location was that at?

I just saw it in the general fleet overview on their website, but not with any specific location entered. The description is basically the same as S, but it adds Navigation and V8 engine.

m907 Jan 20, 2021 5:56 am

Originally Posted by jizen (Post 32979804)

The higher trim pickups do exist though. Hertz mostly has Ram 1500 Classics, but I have seen Laramie trims. I've also seen F-150 Lariat trims.

easyride Jan 20, 2021 6:03 am

Please add this too

Q4 Mazda CX5

rosyod96 Jan 26, 2021 7:06 am

T-Group trailering hitch

Good morning,

Does anyone happen to know if the T-group vehicles (large SUV) come equipped with a hitch?

Thanks