Community
Wiki Posts
Search

availability of child car seat in MIA?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2020, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

availability of child car seat in MIA?

Good Morning! Planning on flying into MIA on a Saturday next month. Is it safe to expect a childs car seat to be available with our rental (if requested at booking) vs having to lug two of them with us? I haven't flown in COVID times and haven't been to MIA in years, not sure how busy/booked things will be.

We are gold members.

Thanks!
Old Dec 28, 2020, 6:27 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

While it's not impossible for a rental company to run out of child seats, it's quite rare. Hertz also owns Dollar and Thrifty, so even if they run out, they can always pull from one of their sister companies. You shouldn't have any issue as MIA is a very large airport and they keep a significant amount of them in stock.

We would recommend bringing some Clorox or similar wipes with you to clean them before using though. If they clean them at all between customers, it's usually a rush job, so best to be prepared and give them a good wipedown yourself before using.

Also keep in mind that just because you reserve them ahead of time, don't expect them to be waiting in the vehicle when you arrive. It's not something they typically allocate ahead of time, so you'll likely need to ask the garage attendant to get one for you.

Lastly, if you're a AAA member, you get free use of a car seat. That often makes the $50-$65 membership fee pay for itself.

Hope this helps. Safe travels!
Auto Enthusiast and jason8612 like this.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Lastly, if you're a AAA member, you get free use of a car seat. That often makes the $50-$65 membership fee pay for itself.
Be careful, not all types of car seats are free if you're AAA with Hertz.

I've rented with Hertz from MIA, being AAA.
Plenty of car seats were available, the type I needed was free. Because MIA is an Ultimate Choice location, car seat must be requested at the Gold counter, plus Hertz employees (but I think it's the same with other car rental companies) are forbidden to install the car seat themselves. In our case though an extremely friendly Hertz employee helped us because we had no idea how to install this particular type of seat.
Be warned that we thought the particular seat we were assigned seemed not very protective, of very low quality.

Another perk if you're AAA, is that AAA offices can lend you seats for free.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.