EV Cars

Old Oct 15, 20, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

EV Cars

Do you all think hertz will be adding an EV cars next year cause it would be great in city based places?
Old Oct 16, 20, 6:58 am
Company Representative - Autoslash

Given that they are in bankruptcy and just struggling to survive, that seems very unlikely.
Old Oct 16, 20, 9:26 am

Several commenters have noted seeing some older cars accumulating excessive mileage to the point of needing to be replaced, and the new cars being base model Kias, across all companies. If that's all they can afford right now, I wouldn't count on any new EV initiatives.
Old Oct 16, 20, 8:08 pm

While not directly applicable to Hertz, I can tell you my neighborhood Enterprise has offered a few different models of electric only vehicles over the last few years.

Two factors which might be relevant to that decision:

1) It's a neighborhood location, so, presumably, the cars are going to be used primarily in the general area - which has a fairly robust network of charging stations, and an atypically high number of EV users relative to much of the nation.

2) This particular location gets a large chunk of business from a nearby automall, which offers a number of highline dealers which, again, sell quite a few EVs and appear to be using this Enterprise location to provide service loaners to customers who may wish to stay with an EV.

It seems like this would be a much harder sell at an airport location, as users may lack confidence in the availability of EV chargers (even with good in-car guidance), and a dearth of hotels which offer overnight charge facilities.
Dreamworks likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: