Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Status Match to Platinum + Platinum Recent Experiences

Old May 9, 2016, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Hertz Platinum

Does anybody know how to get Platinum? I called Hertz and asked about upgrading my membership, but they said they are not selling it this time?
Old May 9, 2016, 10:43 pm

Programs: Motel 6 Super Diamond
What do you mean by Platinum? Is this some hidden level? I thought there's only Gold Plus Rewards, 5 star, then Presidents' Circle.
Old May 9, 2016, 10:47 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Matthew330Ci
What do you mean by Platinum? Is this some hidden level? I thought there's only Gold Plus Rewards, 5 star, then Presidents' Circle.
https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/misc/...Conditions.jsp
Old May 9, 2016, 10:56 pm

Programs: Motel 6 Super Diamond
I never knew, thanks!
Old May 10, 2016, 1:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Asked and answered myriad times over (among many)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...light=platinum
Old May 10, 2016, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
I appreciate the help but none of these threads have the answer. I'm not looking to see what value Platinum gets, but how to actually obtain the status. For what its worth, I called back Hertz again and a more helpful lady told me to wait for the status match to PC before asking about Platinum.
Old May 10, 2016, 7:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador/LTT AA PLT
Originally Posted by kxc262
I appreciate the help but none of these threads have the answer. I'm not looking to see what value Platinum gets, but how to actually obtain the status. For what its worth, I called back Hertz again and a more helpful lady told me to wait for the status match to PC before asking about Platinum.
Call 888-777-2400, they will ask for you platinum number, just say you are not currently a platinum member, but willing to see if there is enroll option. They will then email you a quote of cost among with terms and conditions.

It was my experience when I did this in 2014 for $1200 a year.
Old May 11, 2016, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by kxc262
Hertz Platinum is a benefit of the Amex Centurion card. You could always try that route.......
Old May 11, 2016, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Called Hertz Plat again. They are no longer allowing paid upgrades to Plat as of this year.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 2:07 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
Hertz platinum is a "by invitation only" program. Great benes: Car waiting for you outside luggage claim, they drive you back to terminal in your car. Upgrades spotty from 2 to best.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by knownothing
Hertz platinum is a "by invitation only" program. Great benes: Car waiting for you outside luggage claim, they drive you back to terminal in your car. Upgrades spotty from 2 to best.
Upgrades are spotty but it depends on the car class in your profile. I've been happy with the upgrades I get. The car waiting and drive back are the most useful benefits for me although BOS has just stopped the curbside delivery citing "security" issues.
Joonydell likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 1:50 am

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador

Does anyone know if Hertz will match Avis Chairmans to Platinum? Going someplace this winter for work where theres only a HLE and no nearby Avis locations.
Also, post bankruptcy, how have they been doing with upgrades for Plats? The official policy had been up to premium/luxury but in 2018/2019 friends told me theyve been willing to give out Prestige cars or whatever was in the upgrade stalls for free. Any recent experiences?
Old Oct 4, 2020, 6:09 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

No, they will not. Platinum is not really a status level thats attainable through rental volume. Its reserved for VIPs and high-level decision-makers at very large companies. The highest level youre likely to get matched to is Presidents Circle and it would be very unlikely to get a Prestige vehicle at an HLE as an upgrade. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Last edited by AutoSlash; Oct 4, 2020 at 3:12 pm
Old Oct 4, 2020, 1:50 pm

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Thanks. Since Chairmans is also invitation only and has similar service (airport drive back, private airport delivery, etc.) wasnt sure if that was an exception to the PC only rule. Having been a PC I know its lackluster outside of UC, which is hit or miss now at best.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.