FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   Consolidated "Hertz Missing Points/Refund of Points Issue 2020" Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/2025145-consolidated-hertz-missing-points-refund-points-issue-2020-thread.html)

YYZC2 Sep 15, 2020 11:56 am

Consolidated "Hertz Missing Points/Refund of Points Issue 2020" Thread

I rarely earn Hertz points even though I do about 50 yearly rentals with Hertz. I usually earn VS miles. Sometimes the CDP I use inhibits airline mile accrual so I built up a little balance despite my best efforts.

Last week I got an email from AwardWallet that my Hertz balance decreased from about 4000 (enough for a free week, for now) to around 3000 (not enough).

I definitely didn't redeem any points and I'm well with the activity window.

So I called Hertz.

They saw my new reduced balance, but claimed my balance was never above 4000 (it definitely was) and there was no 1000-ish point reduction last week (there definitely was).

So that was that. Call ended.

This company infuriates me.

jizen Sep 15, 2020 1:28 pm

I had a similar situation 2 weeks ago.
I had about 8200 points but one day it was reduced to 7900
I did not redeem any points recently and I checked recent activities.
I have no idea why this happened.
I called Hertz and their CS said there has been no change to my points.
Hertz CS asked me for more proof so they can escalate.
I didn't argue too much since no one would take a screenshot of their account everyday.

glostix Sep 25, 2020 11:13 pm

Same! I have a simpler rental history so I was able to backtrack and it looks like they zero'd out the points I got from a June/July weeklong reservation. WTH is going on Hertz

pharmsci9 Sep 26, 2020 2:16 pm

Done with Hertz

So my issues with Hertz started happening at the beginning of the year. The app and website have been complete garbage, hit or miss every time. I rent an full size SUV weekly for work so I dont actually pay anything but I redeem lots of points.

Biggest issue for me was the fact that they never gave me any of the double points for the current offer, every time I called they would tell me I either have no idea about the offer, tell me that I already got them, or that they were on the way and to wait up to 90 days LOL. Called about 6 times and never got the points 3 months and 10 rentals later.

No big deal right? Well this week was interesting, I logged in to redeem a huge portion of my 18,500 points for a prestige rental on an upcoming personal trip and saw that my points were at 3,121. 15,000 points vanished. I called them and spoke to someone on twitter and their response after a few hours was that I was given “too many points” some internal error and they took most of them back. Mind you, I spend anywhere from $700-$1800 each week so Obviously I get a LOT of points each week. With no help other then the usual “thank you for being a gold plus member and we are so sorry this happened”, I proceeded to move my next three rentals to Enterprise, where I noticed the price was like 25-40% cheaper on each rental.

end rant.

bye bye Hertz, thanks for screwing a great customer.

Bugatti Veyron Sep 26, 2020 8:05 pm

That is insane, great way to reward loyal longtime customers. Points getting removed seems normal for Hertz however, not 15k at once. See this thread from a week ago: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hert...ng-points.html

I think Hertz is just trying to stay afloat at this point by not giving out free rentals

I haven't lost any points yet but I have more than 10k points. I just took a screenshot just in case it might mean something if they go missing. All we can do is use the other rental company, you know the lesser of the two evils.....

jason8612 Sep 26, 2020 9:23 pm

I merged the above posts with the thread we have about Hertz missing points.

Thanks
Jason8612 Hertz Mod

EntropyTheory Sep 27, 2020 11:05 am

I don't have anywhere close to the amount of points that y'all have, but I'll throw my two cents in here since I actually have some form of proof that my points disappeared.

I took a screenshot of my Hertz profile on the app on June 20, showing 473 points in my Hertz account. (see screenshot below, including proof that I took the screenshot on 6/20.)

When I check my Hertz account now, it shows 96 points in my account. I did not have any rental activity with Hertz in between June 20 and today. This is what it shows on the website, it shows the same on the app.

Obviously 377 points isn't a huge amount, but it is a bit frustrating to have those points just vanish out of nowhere. I did set my points to not expire due to COVID in that email they sent a while back so that wouldn't be the reason they disappeared either.

Oh how Hertz has fallen ...

pharmsci9 Sep 27, 2020 11:26 am

Update: my points this morning have declined to 151. Looks like for every one of my rentals, they subtracted all of the points.

EntropyTheory Sep 27, 2020 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Ivan Marsic (Post 32704152)
Update: my points this morning have declined to 151. Looks like for every one of my rentals, they subtracted all of the points.

That's absolutely ridiculous, Hertz is such a mess right now. Fingers crossed that you can get your points back.

VirtuallyThere Sep 29, 2020 5:19 am

Same experience here, although this already happened earlier this year. I had over 4000 points, and one day when I logged in (I think it was already back in March) my points were at 0. Haven’t been able to resolve yet despite 3 phone calls and a letter. Frustrating, but had decided not to sweat it and instead try other rental companies in the future.

logisnews Sep 29, 2020 5:22 pm

Trying to get points back from CNX rental. Who to call?

I had 8000 points pulled from my account for a rental in Buffalo and Seattle in Early July. I cancelled both of them (because.... Covid) and they were supposed to redeposit the points -- they never did. Now I can't reach anyone to help me. Regular Gold customer service (sounds like they're in the P.I.) can't help me they refer me to Loyalty Cust Svc at 1-888-999-4900.

I've been on hold for 38 minutes and they won't answer. Nothing online seems to help me. I don't have the rental agreement number but when you look at my account online you can see the points were deducted. I figure if I can reach a human to talk to they can look at the history and see that the points were pulled for two reservations that were cancelled.

The "Chat" feature isn't working.

Any ideas on how I can get help from Hertz #1 Gold Plus Presidental what not member....? Been gold for 35 years. Never need to reach someone so bad and nobody is picking up the phone. Thanks. Jim

jason8612 Sep 29, 2020 8:25 pm

I'll merge this thread with the consolidated points booking issues thread

Thanks
Jason8612 Hertz Mod

Altaflyer Oct 4, 2020 7:58 am

I choose Delta miles every time and get charged the fee for choosing miles. The last 4 rentals they have credited Hertz points instead even though my Delta number is on the rental agreement and I chose to earn miles. They owe me 2,000 miles and I suspect it won’t be easy to get these!