Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Option to use points not showing up consistently during Reservations?

Old Jul 20, 20, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

I have over 50,000 Hertz points right now, was trying to burn through some of them and start renting cars using points. Haven't looked at transferring to Marriott yet, as I have a lot of those too.

However, when I am using the website or phone app to book a reservation, the option to use points on the rental is not showing up consistently, even for the same rental dates. Very weird, it may show up the first time, and then would disappear if I don't select it, and go back to homepage. This is for Toronto rental, I tried various locations, Airport and HLE. Its like I have to logout and login a few times, then the option showed up. I did manage to book 3 weekend day rentals using 2250 points. So its not like they are totally not taking points, just the app/website is acting weird.
Old Jul 20, 20, 11:30 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Commie View Post
I have over 50,000 Hertz points right now, was trying to burn through some of them and start renting cars using points. Haven't looked at transferring to Marriott yet, as I have a lot of those too.

However, when I am using the website or phone app to book a reservation, the option to use points on the rental is not showing up consistently, even for the same rental dates. Very weird, it may show up the first time, and then would disappear if I don't select it, and go back to homepage. This is for Toronto rental, I tried various locations, Airport and HLE. Its like I have to logout and login a few times, then the option showed up. I did manage to book 3 weekend day rentals using 2250 points. So its not like they are totally not taking points, just the app/website is acting weird.

I find hertz.ca works better than hertz.com when you're trying to use points.. if you're already using hertz.ca, no other suggestions.

Ron.
Old Jul 21, 20, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by newfbc View Post
I find hertz.ca works better than hertz.com when you're trying to use points.. if you're already using hertz.ca, no other suggestions.

Ron.
Was using Hertz.ca....also tried Hertz.com...
very inconsistent..
But what I've been noticing is that it works better on the iphone App. shows up like 75% of the time....when it doesn't, I logout, and next time it will show up. On the website, it doesn't show up at all.
Old Jul 22, 20, 1:39 pm

Programs: NEXUS, MileagePlus 1K, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Commie View Post
Was using Hertz.ca....also tried Hertz.com...
very inconsistent..
But what I've been noticing is that it works better on the iphone App. shows up like 75% of the time....when it doesn't, I logout, and next time it will show up. On the website, it doesn't show up at all.
I've noticed the same thing. iPhone seems to work the best. I've been using it over the website, as a result.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: