FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   Option to use points not showing up consistently during Reservations? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/2021951-option-use-points-not-showing-up-consistently-during-reservations.html)

Commie Jul 20, 2020 11:46 am

Option to use points not showing up consistently during Reservations?

I have over 50,000 Hertz points right now, was trying to burn through some of them and start renting cars using points. Haven't looked at transferring to Marriott yet, as I have a lot of those too.

However, when I am using the website or phone app to book a reservation, the option to use points on the rental is not showing up consistently, even for the same rental dates. Very weird, it may show up the first time, and then would disappear if I don't select it, and go back to homepage. This is for Toronto rental, I tried various locations, Airport and HLE. Its like I have to logout and login a few times, then the option showed up. I did manage to book 3 weekend day rentals using 2250 points. So its not like they are totally not taking points, just the app/website is acting weird.

newfbc Jul 20, 2020 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by Commie (Post 32545660)
I have over 50,000 Hertz points right now, was trying to burn through some of them and start renting cars using points. Haven't looked at transferring to Marriott yet, as I have a lot of those too.

However, when I am using the website or phone app to book a reservation, the option to use points on the rental is not showing up consistently, even for the same rental dates. Very weird, it may show up the first time, and then would disappear if I don't select it, and go back to homepage. This is for Toronto rental, I tried various locations, Airport and HLE. Its like I have to logout and login a few times, then the option showed up. I did manage to book 3 weekend day rentals using 2250 points. So its not like they are totally not taking points, just the app/website is acting weird.

I find hertz.ca works better than hertz.com when you're trying to use points.. if you're already using hertz.ca, no other suggestions. :)

Ron.

Commie Jul 21, 2020 11:01 am

Originally Posted by newfbc (Post 32546855)
I find hertz.ca works better than hertz.com when you're trying to use points.. if you're already using hertz.ca, no other suggestions. :)

Ron.

Was using Hertz.ca....also tried Hertz.com... :)
very inconsistent..
But what I've been noticing is that it works better on the iphone App. shows up like 75% of the time....when it doesn't, I logout, and next time it will show up. On the website, it doesn't show up at all.

trmbn65 Jul 22, 2020 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Commie (Post 32548082)
Was using Hertz.ca....also tried Hertz.com... :)
very inconsistent..
But what I've been noticing is that it works better on the iphone App. shows up like 75% of the time....when it doesn't, I logout, and next time it will show up. On the website, it doesn't show up at all.

I've noticed the same thing. iPhone seems to work the best. I've been using it over the website, as a result.

cesco.g Feb 9, 2021 11:11 am

Same here: option to use points nowhere to be found on hertz.com

hamd1786 Feb 9, 2021 11:46 am

It’s weird with hertz. I know on the iPhone app, some locations have C class only for points. Amd some locations you can get a Full Size SUV (Yukon/Tahoe) class on points. Also I hope you’re using pay later option to view rewards.

what I do is I literally go through pay later option on every car till I see it. Beginning this year there was no availability at all. But last week of January availablilty started showing.

Neither did hertz update peak and off peak charts for 2021. I tweeted to them with no reply