Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Confirmed rental rates increased themselves, all of them!!! (AAA CDP)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2020, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

I just checked all my future reservations, and all of the base rates just increased themselves! Monthly rental increased by 40-70 ish, daily rental increased by several bucks. No changes were made to any of them by myself. What is happening to this company??
anteater likes this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 20, 2020 at 4:57 am Reason: edited title to reflect the limited nature of this impact
Old Jul 11, 2020, 4:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What is happening?

It is insolvent, has filed bankruptcy and is operating under Chapter 11. That is what has happened.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 5:02 pm

Corporate contract rate and the contract rate went up?
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 6:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Do the rental confirmations state that the rate is guaranteed or that it is not guaranteed

If the former, then I would contact Hertz and get the issue addressed
If the latter, then would ( as suggested above ) seem likely that it is a contract rate that your compamy has and the contract rates have changed - in this case , if it is, contact appropriate person at the company and discuss it with him/her
seawolf and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by missingcolours
Corporate contract rate and the contract rate went up?
No it’s AAA, and the percentage increased in different reservations are not the same

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Do the rental confirmations state that the rate is guaranteed or that it is not guaranteed

If the former, then I would contact Hertz and get the issue addressed
If the latter, then would ( as suggested above ) seem likely that it is a contract rate that your compamy has and the contract rates have changed - in this case , if it is, contact appropriate person at the company and discuss it with him/her
it said it’s guaranteed, it’s only AAA CDP

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 12, 2020 at 4:18 am Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Jul 12, 2020, 4:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by doglynx
it said it’s guaranteed, it’s only AAA CDP
If you have a confirmation stating a rate and it states rate is guaranteed, then I would make sure to have a copy of the reservation details to ensure that you get the correct rate
Auto Enthusiast and strickerj like this.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 11:18 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
After reading this I checked the one future reservation I have and there is no change. It is a corporate rate. Since the start of the Covid thing I have found the AAA rates to be ridiculously high, but I guess they are just a percent off the regular rates, which Hertz has jacked up wildly. Fortunately I have access to a corporate rate that is a fixed rate. Normally AAA would be much cheaper for a weekend rental but no longer. If it wasn't for the corporate rate I would be using Budget, which is running about 1/2 the price of Hertz.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler
Am now finishing a 5 day rental and went from my normal Hertz to Avis because the rates were quite high--all-in, over $100/day for an economy/compact at DCA airport. Avis was pretty high too, but not as much.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 5:43 pm

I just checked one of mine for December for MCO (used AAA Missouri code) and it does show MORE. Around $21 more.... Arrr...
Old Jul 13, 2020, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jep8821
I just checked one of mine for December for MCO (used AAA Missouri code) and it does show MORE. Around $21 more.... Arrr...
It's been confirmed that AAA discount will be a history. Otherwise who'd spend the $99 on their new Hertz pass lol
Old Jul 13, 2020, 6:21 pm

It's been confirmed that AAA discount will be a history. Otherwise who'd spend the $99 on their new Hertz pass lol
LOL.. I initiated a Facebook message session with HERTZ. I gave them one of my reservation numbers. They are looking into it...
Old Jul 13, 2020, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 2008 FT1 Fantasy Football Champion
More info, please. No more AAA discount?
Old Jul 14, 2020, 1:37 am

Checked a future AAA-discount booking, mine has also gone up, by $20 total. Weekly rate went from $289 to $306. States "Rate is guaranteed" in the email.

Wonder if they modified the % off that the AAA discount offers or something.

Sent them a tweet to inquire what's up. Don't really want to deal with this after my flight gets in at 1am...
Old Jul 14, 2020, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by missingcolours
Checked a future AAA-discount booking, mine has also gone up, by $20 total. Weekly rate went from $289 to $306. States "Rate is guaranteed" in the email.

Wonder if they modified the % off that the AAA discount offers or something.

Sent them a tweet to inquire what's up. Don't really want to deal with this after my flight gets in at 1am...
just show your confirmation email to the airport counter
Old Jul 15, 2020, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jep8821
LOL.. I initiated a Facebook message session with HERTZ. I gave them one of my reservation numbers. They are looking into it...
It’s basically the AAA reason, but they might honor it at counter. Still a very good way to do business!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.