Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Strategy for rapidly changing reservation prices?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2020, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: NW GE

So my past experience is that once booked the rate is "locked in" and won't change when you go to view/change/cancel a reservation. Recently, the amount shown in that window has been fluctuating with the current cost of a new reservation. So far it has only gone down, but wondering what to do. Should I keep rebooking so that I get confirmation emails documenting the new lower cost? I assume that say it was $700 at original booking, drops to $600 this week then goes up to $800 at time of pick up, short of me showing them an email with the total price, they won't have any proof that there was a temporary lower price there. Previously if the price dropped I'd rebook to lock that in, but that was in the situation where the price shown in my reservations stayed the same.

Uncharted territory here...
Old Jun 22, 2020, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'd rebook so you get a confirmation at the lower price and bring a printout.

It apparently is an issue with some people where the rate doesn't show what you actually booked, since I recall this being reported in another thread but in that case it was going up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.