Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Priceline Pay Later...do I get points/Benefits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2020, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold

Have a minivan booked on the big island over thanksgiving. Can save $75 (found on autoslash) by using priceline pay later, but have never used it before...do I get points with Hertz when using this? More importantly, do I get to go directly to my car, or do I need to wait in line at the counter?
Old Jun 1, 2020, 9:29 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

The answers are yes and yes. More information can be found in the following blog post on our website:

How to Earn Car Rental Points and Skip the Counter When Booking Through Priceline
Old Jan 11, 2021, 11:55 pm

Pay Later Priceline with Hertz Gold, go to counter or can I pay at "gold canopy"

Place I'm renting at (PHX) has long lines according to recent reviews and the counter is at a different floor level then the actual garage where the cars are. On hertz website it says "Service Type: Gold Canopy". Does that mean I can pay down there or do I have to still go to the counter? I'm probably going to add an additional driver so I suppose that may end up going to the counter anyways but wanted to see if anyone had experience with this. Trying to avoid the line if I can.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 5:27 am

Yes, Gold Canopy means you have access to the gold zone and will avoid those dreaded queues
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 8:36 am

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Did you book through Priceline or Hertz?

If through Priceline, I do not believe you get Hertz benefits and need to go to the counter. This very well could have changed though.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 7:25 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 91StealthES
Did you book through Priceline or Hertz?

If through Priceline, I do not believe you get Hertz benefits and need to go to the counter. This very well could have changed though.
Hertz gold # can be added during the reservation process at PL with a pay later rate and you will get all benefits.
anteater and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 8:07 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
I see that you cannot only add your frequent renter number but also discount codes and coupons (like Hertz CDP codes).
Is there any benefit in doing this or will your quote be recalculated at pick-up/drop-off based on this code?
Old Feb 27, 2022, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by kcaluwae
I see that you cannot only add your frequent renter number but also discount codes and coupons (like Hertz CDP codes).
Is there any benefit in doing this or will your quote be recalculated at pick-up/drop-off based on this code?
Your price will be recalculated immediately and the updated price will be displayed on the Priceline checkout page. This is something you should NOT do if you are using AutoSlash since our system automatically figures out the best discount code and/or coupon to apply, so if you add other codes in this fields, you are almost certainly going to end up with a higher rate than what we offered.
Auto Enthusiast and kcaluwae like this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Your price will be recalculated immediately and the updated price will be displayed on the Priceline checkout page. This is something you should NOT do if you are using AutoSlash since our system automatically figures out the best discount code and/or coupon to apply, so if you add other codes in this fields, you are almost certainly going to end up with a higher rate than what we offered.
I have questions about this as well, also about the benefits with certain CDPs.

For example, if I use Autoslash and get shown a Hertz rate via Prcieline, but I usually use my AAA benefits, which include a free extra driver and free [toddler] car seat, how do I know if these apply from a booking linked through Autoslash? You are saying if I put in the AAA CDP, it might disable a different CDP that was used to enable the rate initially shown?

IME, the rates Autoslash have shown me booking via Priceline have typically been lower by the amount of dollars I can count on one hand, so I haven't bothered. I have a case now where it is ~$40 cheaper than a rental through Hertz direct with my AAA CDP, so thinking of using that one. Wonder if it is using the Amex or Visa CDP instead? Is there a way to know this for sure on the page the auto slash link directs me to on Priceline?
Old Mar 5, 2022, 10:20 am

Programs: SWRR, HH, SM, TSA Pre
If it's using the AAA rate it will say that you must have your AAA card ready to show at pick up. I don't believe it says anything for using the other types. You have to use the AAA rate in order to get the AAA benefits.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 4:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton and Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Plat, United Silver, Hertz PC
Sometimes Autoslash doesn't necessarily use a "legal" CDP. E.g. In a rental from ABQ in July, I booked through Autoslash and because I am a USAA member, and check that box on the Autoslash page, I got the USAA rate. But the CDP that Autoslash used was for USAA OFFICIAL TRAVEL and had a Liability Insurance Supplement as part of the rate. Hertz never asked for a USAA ID, but I wouldn't have had one if they had. Also this rate was about half of what most other rates were at the time.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:52 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
How did you know the CDP that Autoslash used? I don't see any details regarding discounts or extras when looking at the rates.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by zdcatc12
Sometimes Autoslash doesn't necessarily use a "legal" CDP. E.g. In a rental from ABQ in July, I booked through Autoslash and because I am a USAA member, and check that box on the Autoslash page, I got the USAA rate. But the CDP that Autoslash used was for USAA OFFICIAL TRAVEL and had a Liability Insurance Supplement as part of the rate. Hertz never asked for a USAA ID, but I wouldn't have had one if they had. Also this rate was about half of what most other rates were at the time.
First off, every CDP applied via a 3rd party source regardless of what it is, shows up as "Official Travel" when you look it up on Hertz.com. Feel free to go and make a test reservation for Hertz directly with Priceline and enter any ol' random CDP on the Priceline checkout page. Then use that Hertz confirmation number and look up your test reservation on Hertz.com. Go ahead, we'll wait. Or you can just see our test booking on Priceline here and the resulting reservation lookup on Hertz.com.

Second, the USAA CDP does provide extra liability. Don't believe us? Well, you can see it for yourself right here on Hertz's website.

• Liability of USAA members and/or their insurance company is limited to the first $5,000 of collision damage to the rental car without purchase of the loss damage waiver. This limit does not apply if the terms of the rental agreement are violated.
  • The primary liability remains with the rental car company. Hertz provides primary liability protection, up to $25,000 per person, to a maximum of $50,000 per accident, plus $10,000 for property damages.
Everything that AutoSlash does is above board and "legal" and we stand behind every booking we facilitate without question.
randix, Ordpc, masmadrid and 5 others like this.

Last edited by AutoSlash; Mar 11, 2022 at 7:39 pm
Old Apr 6, 2022, 12:38 am

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
The answers are yes and yes. More information can be found in the following blog post on our website:

How to Earn Car Rental Points and Skip the Counter When Booking Through Priceline
Make sure the "Gold" appears as part of your Hertz reservation. I posted in a other thread that one time the system recognized me as PC when it scanned my license. This time, Hertz in LAS said I couldn't get my PC benefits bc the reservation didn't add my Hertz number correctly. I even had two reservations and none of them would add the number properly.

Tried talking to desk and they kept telling me if Priceline doesn't add it, I'm stuck with no Gold or PC benefits...
​​​​​​Edit:
THe two agents kept telling me that I booked through a third party website and not through AAA or Hertz so that's why my PC number didn't get attached. It has gotten attached previously in a few rentals I reserved through Autoslash and Priceline.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.

Last edited by rhwbullhead; Apr 6, 2022 at 3:04 am
Old Apr 8, 2022, 12:55 am

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
I returned the car and there is a clue that the agents were wrong. The one guy that kept telling me that my Hertz number couldn't be attached and that I could choose from PC lot also had told me that I wouldn't get Hertz points from this supposed third party booking (again Autoslash through Priceline). Well, I got the points and it shows up in my account as a completed rental.

Makes me think I was entitled to PC lot despite what the guy was claiming.

Next time, I'll have a backup booked with AAA rage directly and I guess I'll message Autoslash that the Hertz number isn't getting added correctly.
​​​​​​It was sporadic before whether it would work get added by Priceline or not but this trip I made 5 different bookings and my Hertz number never got added properly.
Ordpc and Auto Enthusiast like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.