FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   Overcharged after drop off change (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/2012776-overcharged-after-drop-off-change.html)

KBMIFlyer Mar 13, 2020 2:06 pm

Overcharged after drop off change

I reserved a car from PDX drop off at SeaTac over 6 days. The rental contact was estimated at $335.

There was a benefit for me to drop off in downtown Seattle, so i called to change my drop off spot and verify the price would not change much The Agent told me my rate would remain the same, and I would be charged a $10 change fee, she quoted me the rate as $335. I even verified that the rate would be $335 plus a $10 change fee, she said yes.

At drop off they said they would email me my receipt. Since the phone agent had verified the rate, I had not concern with that.

I was shocked when I got the receipt that is was $650 instead of the expected $345. I immediately called hertz, and the agent said since I had changed my contact a higher rate applied. I pleaded with her that the phone agent had quoted me the same rate, and she said the phone agent would have no way to know what the final rate would be ??? She would not offer a refund and only offered 750 hertz points.

Frustrated, I tried to fill out a form online explaining the situation. However, multiple attempts at a submission have given me an "Internal Service Error" when I try to send customer service the online form.

I am stuck on what to do next. I would never have agreed to an additional $300 charge for a drop off location 10 miles away. Is there another number I can call? or a way to submit feedback on the web that works? I have thought of calling my credit card company to dispute the charge.

aCavalierInCoach Mar 13, 2020 4:01 pm

I think you're probably hosed. I just had an atrocious experience on a rental agreement error (mileage at gate was mis-logged and when returned, a non-sensical entry seems to been have made from the "Trip" reading vs the odometer. Agent with whom I interacted simply lied to me in the face of photographic evidence of the impossibility of the initial mileage and refused to budge on a mileage charge 2x what I could've theoretically driven given my origin and destination.

Hertz is a shady Company that should be avoided if at all possible.

m907 Mar 14, 2020 3:28 am

Originally Posted by KBMIFlyer (Post 32180449)
I reserved a car from PDX drop off at SeaTac over 6 days. The rental contact was estimated at $335.

There was a benefit for me to drop off in downtown Seattle, so i called to change my drop off spot and verify the price would not change much The Agent told me my rate would remain the same, and I would be charged a $10 change fee, she quoted me the rate as $335. I even verified that the rate would be $335 plus a $10 change fee, she said yes.

At drop off they said they would email me my receipt. Since the phone agent had verified the rate, I had not concern with that.

I was shocked when I got the receipt that is was $650 instead of the expected $345. I immediately called hertz, and the agent said since I had changed my contact a higher rate applied. I pleaded with her that the phone agent had quoted me the same rate, and she said the phone agent would have no way to know what the final rate would be ??? She would not offer a refund and only offered 750 hertz points.

Frustrated, I tried to fill out a form online explaining the situation. However, multiple attempts at a submission have given me an "Internal Service Error" when I try to send customer service the online form.

I am stuck on what to do next. I would never have agreed to an additional $300 charge for a drop off location 10 miles away. Is there another number I can call? or a way to submit feedback on the web that works? I have thought of calling my credit card company to dispute the charge.

I'm guessing it was an overseas call center. Try a BBB complaint first. Chargeback second (may land you on the DNR). Small claims court third.