FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   Hertz: can i rent a "prestige" vehicle under 25 if.... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/2012341-hertz-can-i-rent-prestige-vehicle-under-25-if.html)

nincrab Mar 11, 2020 1:21 am

Hertz: can i rent a "prestige" vehicle under 25 if....

I am PC and I've booked a rental 03/30/20-04/27/20 (LAX) as I've been renting by the month from hertz. A Couple months ago I rented from LAX as PC and even though they told me to not pick "the high end cars" I hoped in a Mercedes A220 and was turned away at the gate. I wanted something nice to celebrate my birthday april 12. Will i have to get a lower end car 12 days before 25th birthday or will they let me through because i will be 25 at the end and during most of the rent period? I could probably exchange on birthday but just curious if i I'll have that hassle.

m907 Mar 11, 2020 2:43 am

I'm 95% certain it's based on your age at the time of rental. You could start a new rental on your birthday.

zaimer Mar 11, 2020 6:19 am

From my personal experience (several years ago now), you are only able to rent higher end cars if the agent makes a mistake or if you have the correct CDP. I was able to rent basically any vehicle I preferred, and waive the underage fee, for the CDP I had used.

Yakolev Mar 18, 2020 8:31 pm

I'm under 25 and I usually grab a Mustang GT, BMW, Mercedes Benz or other prestige collection cars from PC and I've never been turned back in about 15-20 rentals. This has all been at FLL and MCO, I guess it varies by location.

Roona Mar 20, 2020 8:31 pm

I find it to be hit or miss if you reserve Prestige/Adrenaline - some locations will give you problems with it. Pulling Prestige/Adrenaline out of PC or 5*, I've only ever had issue with at LAX. And I've done it a lot, all over the country.

flyernathan Mar 24, 2020 3:37 pm

I had issue renting at LGA, they didn't let me take the X3 that I booked. Ended in an Edge, not bad tho.

doglynx Mar 28, 2020 11:44 pm

tried to pull an XT5 from PC in PHL this week, the exit gate already printed out the receipt then realized I wasn't 25. brought it back and traded for something else. there were 2 XT5 (both near 20000k miles, 2019 version) in PC. Mostly SUVs (Terrain/Sorento/Escape) in 5 star/PC, mostly malibus in gold. A Macan in ultimate choice. Almost no other customers coming in. But funny though the HLE in priceton is closed, but got a huge stock parking in its lot with a lot of interesting things like 2 530i and a Tiguan. A lot of Pacifica, some mustang etc

nincrab Mar 29, 2020 2:23 am

You didn't willingly return it though right?

Originally Posted by doglynx (Post 32243390)
tried to pull an XT5 from PC in PHL this week, the exit gate already printed out the receipt then realized I wasn't 25. brought it back and traded for something else. there were 2 XT5 (both near 20000k miles, 2019 version) in PC. Mostly SUVs (Terrain/Sorento/Escape) in 5 star/PC, mostly malibus in gold. A Macan in ultimate choice. Almost no other customers coming in. But funny though the HLE in priceton is closed, but got a huge stock parking in its lot with a lot of interesting things like 2 530i and a Tiguan. A lot of Pacifica, some mustang etc

doglynx Mar 29, 2020 5:16 am

nah, the gate dragon shooed me back

nincrab Mar 30, 2020 4:39 pm

Update

So the lax lot is packed with bmw's 430i and 5 series. In presidents circle and five star. I grabbed a 430 and was unfortunately turned away by Roz from monsters inc at the gate. Guess i gotta drive 100 miles back on my birthday to exchange.

jim32190 Mar 30, 2020 5:43 pm

Are you renting with a CDP? Seems that if you can reserve a Prestige vehicle with the CDP you can take it from the lot if there is one.

nincrab Mar 30, 2020 5:51 pm

Yes

Originally Posted by jim32190 (Post 32249043)
Are you renting with a CDP? Seems that if you can reserve a Prestige vehicle with the CDP you can take it from the lot if there is one.

I use aaa code.