FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   Any experience with Dream vehicles? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/2011718-any-experience-dream-vehicles.html)

zaimer Mar 6, 2020 10:49 am

Any experience with Dream vehicles?

Specifically asking about increasing the 75 mile/day limit. Is it possible to prepay for mileage at a discounted rate versus paying the set $.75 overage. Has anyone had any luck upgrading to a Dream vehicle and keeping the original contracted (unlimited) miles? I've had Hertz employees tell me time and time again that the unlimited mileage does not carry over to a restricted mileage vehicle even AFTER I tell them that I have done it several times.

I had a GTR (Dream) before..upgraded on site = unlimited mileage. I've also had two different Z06's (yellow w/ black) = unlimited mileage. Do most simply pay the mileage overages and carry on? 75 miles/day is pretty low if you really want to experience the vehicle; driving to from the airport is an entire day's worth of mileage in itself.

zaimer Mar 10, 2020 1:40 pm

No one on here has ever had a Dream vehicle? :confused::p

AutoSlash Mar 10, 2020 1:50 pm

Lots of folks here have probably rented Dream vehicles at one time or another, but that's not what you asked. You asked, "anyone had any luck upgrading to a Dream vehicle and keeping the original contracted (unlimited) miles?" You could either take the silence to mean that no one has or that it's not possible. Then again, you said you've had Hertz employees tell you " time and time again that the unlimited mileage does not carry over to a restricted mileage vehicle" even though you have apparently done it several times. Maybe you were just very lucky or maybe there are just limited folks who have tried this who both noticed the mileage restriction and frequent this forum? Hard to say for sure.

zaimer Mar 10, 2020 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash (Post 32165840)
Lots of folks here have probably rented Dream vehicles at one time or another, but that's not what you asked. You asked, "anyone had any luck upgrading to a Dream vehicle and keeping the original contracted (unlimited) miles?" You could either take the silence to mean that no one has or that it's not possible. Then again, you said you've had Hertz employees tell you " time and time again that the unlimited mileage does not carry over to a restricted mileage vehicle" even though you have apparently done it several times. Maybe you were just very lucky or maybe there are just limited folks who have tried this who both noticed the mileage restriction and frequent this forum? Hard to say for sure.

Fair enough. Maybe I was a bit too specific. I was just trying to get a feel of what is possible. I've only ever had 3 vehicles (2 Z06's & a GTR) with "mileage limits", but they were all upgraded upon arrival and I had unlimited miles.

BrockAdams Mar 15, 2020 7:01 pm

I've experienced the scenario where I rented something basic at ORD w/ unlimited miles and upon arrival upgraded to the Z06, keeping the unlimited miles. It was a good thing too, put 1,000 miles on it over a long weekend driving to Detroit and surrounds.

airplane7 Mar 17, 2020 8:05 am

I upgraded to a Range Rover Sport at DEN and negotiated unlimited miles for it.