Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz Refuses to Transfer Unexpired Gold Plus Reward Points

Old Mar 4, 20, 8:21 am
Original Poster

I'm very frustrated by Hertz's refusal to transfer my unexpired Gold Plus Reward points. This has been going on for over half a year. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Any suggestions on how I can resolve this? Here is what happened to me:
  • On 7/11/19 I receive an email from Hertz saying my 2,535 Hertz Gold Plus Rewards would expire if I did not use or transfer them before 7/26/19.
  • On 7/16/19 I submitted a request to transfer 2,400 of my Hertz points (the transfer could only be done in 600 point increments) to my Amtrak account.
  • After several days the transfer had not been processed, so I contacted Hertz telling them about the problem.
  • On 7/24/19 (which was still prior to the points expiration) I received an email from "Brittany R." saying my points had to be transferred in increments of 600 points. This did not address my issue at all.
  • On 8/7/19 I received a follow up email from Hertz, assigning a case number for the problem and saying "We regret that your request to transfer your Hertz Gold Plus Rewards points to one of our Frequent Traveler Partners was not completed. Rest assured, we are actively working to resolve the issue. Once we have reached a resolution, we will reinstate your points in full so that you may attempt to transfer the points to your designated Frequent Traveler partner again. We will contact you via email once the points have been reinstated into your available balance. We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue for our valued customers and apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause." (Emphasis is mine.)
  • I waited several weeks for an update, but heard nothing. The points were not reinstated as Hertz said they would be.
  • I sent a follow up email on 9/1/19 asking for an update. No response from Hertz.
  • I called Hertz on 9/10/19 and was told they were sill researching the issue.
  • After still no response, on 11/26/19 I called Gold Plus Rewards customer service at 888-999-4900 to follow up. I spoke with Trish, who said she would send her notes to "management."
  • I received an email from "Toni W" at Hertz saying "Thank you for your patience while we reviewed your account. I apologize for the delayed response. Our Gold Plus Rewards Program has been updated and changed since your last rental. To prevent points from expiring, points must be earned our redeemed on a qualifying rental within the prior 18 months. The program changes altered the way we are able to credit points based on the expiration policy. This criterion was programmed into our computer system. Consequently, without rental activity, meaning a qualified completed rental earning points, within the prior 18 month time frame points expire. No department, including management, has the capability to credit any points, including goodwill courtesy points, into an account without rental activity. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause. I appreciate your business and hope you will continue to use Hertz for all of your car rental needs."
  • As I've pointed out, my request to transfer points was done prior to their expiration. Hertz even sent an email to me saying they would “reinstate my points in full” once they resolved their problem transferring points. Hertz's response regarding "No department, including management, has the capability to credit any points" is especially frustrating. Really? The CEO can’t tell his employees to fix this problem?
  • I'm at a loss as to handle Hertz's lack of customer care. My request to transfer unexpired points was done in full compliance with their program rules. Any suggestions on how to resolve this Hertz issue would be appreciated.
Old Mar 5, 20, 4:18 am

Try a BBB complaint. You'll usually get someone competent that way.
Old Mar 5, 20, 8:04 am

Programs: Frontier 100K, AC SE100K, BA Gold, WN A-/CP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JohnTom View Post
No department, including management, has the capability to wants to credit points, including goodwill courtesy points, into an account
Fixed that for them.

I'd highly encourage you to remind them of their earlier offer to REdeposit. Redepositing was technically not listed in their "please don't escalate" reply
strickerj likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: