Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Price change on Hertz rental and not being honoured

Old Mar 2, 20, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz PC, Hyatt Plat

Hi guys, the age old issue with Hertz where the price has changed for when the rental comes around compared to my original email and booking. I made a booking i18 months ago to pick a rental up today, the location in France are refusing to honour the original emailed price (tripled) as they the price is 'supposed' to change as it was made so long ago! I have contacted Hertz by twitter and they are saying the rate plan I booked on is no longer applicable in 2020 so they don't have to honour it. Has anyone had any recent experiences with this? Hertz have usually honoured all prices in my experience by as the branch manager refuses to, I'm not sure what steps to take next...
Old Mar 3, 20, 8:02 am

Programs: too many
Where in France was this? Corporate or franchise?
Not sure what steps to take here, apart from trying to rent elsewhere
Old Mar 3, 20, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
Wow, I didn't know I could book a car 18 months out (not that I ever would know in detail where I will be in 18 months...)
Old Mar 4, 20, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Corporate. Its not even really a misprice just lower than the rate they can achieve for it now I guess ... so quite frustrating
Old Mar 4, 20, 8:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What rate plan did you book?
Old Mar 5, 20, 4:19 am

Did you use a CDP? They may have changed the rates on that CDP in the 18 months. I'm not sure that's a legitimate reason to raise the rate, but it might explain why.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Mar 5, 20, 4:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by m907 View Post
Did you use a CDP? They may have changed the rates on that CDP in the 18 months. I'm not sure that's a legitimate reason to raise the rate, but it might explain why.
private corporate codes often have the clause in bookings that say "rate is not guaranteed" unlike normal public discounts that state "rate is guaranteed:

If it is not a guaranteed rate and the rate changes for the use of that code, then the new rate can apply

Checking the original booking and seeing whether it is guaranteed would be a good start I think
Old Mar 5, 20, 6:31 am
Original Poster

The rate plan is TME3ME and I am using my normal Amex CDP which I've used for years and always works. Also the 'rate is guaranteed'
Old Mar 5, 20, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by rash76 View Post
The rate plan is TME3ME and I am using my normal Amex CDP which I've used for years and always works. Also the 'rate is guaranteed'
Then I'd contact Hertz corporate and see what can be done about it. I am curious why you booked 18 months in advance.
Old Mar 5, 20, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Why not book 18 months in advance if you see a good price? The pay at location or prepay rates can always been cancelled or refunded, I know I'll need a car for most of the year in one of 3 locations I rent at so makes sense for me...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: