FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   WTAR 740i vs UTAR Camaro SS Conv. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/2010923-wtar-740i-vs-utar-camaro-ss-conv.html)

MartinN86 Feb 28, 2020 3:13 pm

WTAR 740i vs UTAR Camaro SS Conv.

Hi Guys.

I've booked the BMW 740 for a week in LAX October 23rd for around 800, which I think is a good price.

I've seen the Camaro SS Conv. around 700 at the same time, which I also find good.

Have you any idea what my chances are in LAX for a upgrade in both groups? I've rented a lot of upper class cars over years, but nothing crazy since 2017.

TIA. Martin

m907 Feb 28, 2020 10:43 pm

Are you asking if you'll get upgraded from a 7 Series or Camaro SS? Not going to happen.

MartinN86 Feb 28, 2020 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by m907 (Post 32125122)
Are you asking if you'll get upgraded from a 7 Series or Camaro SS? Not going to happen.

That was exactly my question 😅

Thank you.

LondonElite Feb 29, 2020 12:50 am

I’m struggling with why you would choose a Camaro over a BMW 740?

Cymro Feb 29, 2020 2:18 am

I’ve seen both cars in the $25 a day upgrades, but of course that’s only on the day. Other times they can be a fortune.

if you’re PC it might be worth having a midsize and keeping this one as a backup reservation in case they don’t have anything you like.

cestmoi123 Feb 29, 2020 5:31 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 32125277)

They're such different cars that's it's hard to compare them. A huge luxury sedan vs a muscle car convertible. It's like trying to compare a really good sushi restaurant vs a really good steakhouse. Without knowing if you prefer sushi or steak, hard to recommend.
​​​

MartinN86 Mar 2, 2020 2:47 pm

I've never tried both cars, and my original thought was maybe getting an upgrade in the Dream Car section to a Porshe 911, Cayenne, etc.

The Camaro SS - Just because i've never tried it out.

In the past i've had:

Corvette C6 Conv.
Corvette C7 Stingray Conv.
BMW 650.
Mustang GT conv.
Mustang Shelby GTH.
Porsche 911.
C63 AMG
Regular Mustangs Conv.
GMC Yukon
Chevy Suburban
Cadillac SRX

clubman Mar 3, 2020 3:54 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 32125277)

I'll often choose a convertible muscle car in when renting in CA as you can have far more fun with it. The 740 is more of a luxuries relaxing cruiser...

estedman Mar 3, 2020 1:47 pm

I grabbed a SS Vert from the PC lot in Atlanta this past weekend, man what a fun car to drive.

zaimer Mar 5, 2020 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Cymro (Post 32125396)
I’ve seen both cars in the $25 a day upgrades, but of course that’s only on the day. Other times they can be a fortune.

if you’re PC it might be worth having a midsize and keeping this one as a backup reservation in case they don’t have anything you like.

When you say "as a backup reservation" - do you mean have two separate reservations when picking up your vehicle? Wouldn't there be cancellation fees, etc? I'll often have multiple reservations (as I do now) for playing the pricing, but I've never walked into the location with more than one reservation.

zaimer Mar 5, 2020 10:27 am

Originally Posted by estedman (Post 32137794)
I grabbed a SS Vert from the PC lot in Atlanta this past weekend, man what a fun car to drive.

How does the stock SS sound? That's one car I've never had. I have an upcoming for the Hendricks SS, but I wish it was a convertible. Sound >> top down

MartinN86 Mar 5, 2020 10:31 am

Originally Posted by zaimer (Post 32146152)
how does the stock ss sound? That's one car i've never had. I have an upcoming for the hendricks ss, but i wish it was a convertible. Sound >> top down

👀👀👀

LondonElite Mar 5, 2020 11:28 am

Originally Posted by cestmoi123 (Post 32125646)
They're such different cars that's it's hard to compare them. A huge luxury sedan vs a muscle car convertible. It's like trying to compare a really good sushi restaurant vs a really good steakhouse. Without knowing if you prefer sushi or steak, hard to recommend.
​​​

I know the differences, but I guess we all tick a bit differently! ;)

estedman Mar 5, 2020 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by zaimer (Post 32146152)
How does the stock SS sound? That's one car I've never had. I have an upcoming for the Hendricks SS, but I wish it was a convertible. Sound >> top down

Sounds like a mean muscle car. Very deep growl.

MartinN86 Mar 5, 2020 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by estedman (Post 32147301)
Sounds like a mean muscle car. Very deep growl.

Good. So I will keep my for now SS Vert booking, looking for a better price during the months, and wait until I can pick up my 1 day dream rental for a wedding. Mclaren 650 S 😍😍😍