Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How does UC work at non-UC airports

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2020, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

How does UC work at non-UC airports

So I always rent from DFW, ORD or JFK. And UC is a breeze combined with my president club, I’ve mostly driven brand new cars except at jfk where for some reason they’ve 5k miles+ cars.

But tomorrow morning I’m supposed to pick a car from DSM Des Moines. It’s a non UC airport, I was curious how do they serve PC members at non-UC locations. Or just one class upgrade and other usually pc benefits?
Old Feb 14, 2020, 1:12 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Yup, short anwer to the question in your headline is "it doesn't."

You're entitled to a one-class upgrade up to a maximum of F. F is the class you'd be upgraded "into" - i.e., you could book a C and get a D; or a D and get an F. However Ds are pretty rare and Fs are disproportionately common.

Given the way the fleet is structured, the value of that is pretty low in the US - you do get better benefits outside the US (not more generous, just that the cars have more small cars that are proportionately cheaper compared to midsizers) while the real value of PC in the US is in the Ultimate Choice PC section.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 4:43 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Frequently rent at Tulsa, and it is hit and miss as PC. It really depends on the agent working that day. Usually book a midsize and the past couple of rentals have received 2x Escapes, Edge, Impala C-HR, Soul, 300, Ram 1500. Unless I am overly excited with their selection, I will walk the lot and see what else looks appealing and note the locations down. When I get to the booth, I will mention a few and see what they are willing to do.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 4:46 am

Completely depends on the location. I rent frequently at MSN and LEX. MSN pays no attention to status whatsoever and will throw a fit if you ask for an upgrade... in fact, generally my wife (who is only Gold) gets better cars than I do. LEX on the other hand gets an usually high influx of Prestige Collection vehicles and tends to pre-assign them to PC's, and actively avoids putting 5* and Gold into high mileage cars.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.