Wiki Posts
Search

How to change my res, really?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2020, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
How to change my res, really?

So I have booked L class car at MUC in Europe. My bad, I noticed just now that my Pick-up date is in 9 days and I have failed big time: the booking is 1 day too EARLY than I wanted. My mistake.

Now I try modify my booking, and the Hertz website only redirects me a to ”new booking”???? and no cars available when I try to book. It is weekend now, so offices are closed, nobody picking phone.

Many thanks if helping me. My whole family holiday is about to bust due to this. It is far away airport rental and if I no-show, I lose the car I guess? In this case I am forced to cancel the whole holiday, what a disaster.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 8:01 am

As long as your old booking isn't prepaid - you could simply make a new booking and cancel your current one. Although you should have plenty of time to rung Hertz...
Old Feb 9, 2020, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Avallon
As long as your old booking isn't prepaid - you could simply make a new booking and cancel your current one. Although you should have plenty of time to rung Hertz...
Of course. Flex res I have and done that but as it is the last car in the booking class, nothing similar comes up when I try to start new or modify booking.
I dont have the balls to cancel the booking and then try anew, since I dont trust the car comes back to inventory or someone ssnatches it just before me, and even if it became available, sure the pricing has skyrocketed and the new price would be 4x as much now based on what I see other booking classes and other car companies.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
Of course. Flex res I have and done that but as it is the last car in the booking class, nothing similar comes up when I try to start new or modify booking.
I dont have the balls to cancel the booking and then try anew, since I dont trust the car comes back to inventory or someone ssnatches it just before me, and even if it became available, sure the pricing has skyrocketed and the new price would be 4x as much now based on what I see other booking classes and other car companies.
I did wonder, in that case I think you can only wait until the office opens unfortunately,
Old Feb 10, 2020, 3:28 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
What exactly is a "Group L"?

If you mean an LDAR, E-Class sedan, is there availabiltiy as an LWAR? Most of the luxury cars in the Munich fleet are BMW 530i wagons.

What happens if you try another Hertz country website (US, German or Australian) as sometimes availability varies by point of sale?
Old Feb 10, 2020, 3:31 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I think you should try and call again. Someone will always answer the phone eventually.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Thx for support lads
A friend is helping me out here now and lets see if he can make a difference here.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 7:22 am
Suspended

Not sure if this helps, but I rent from Hertz quite a lot, and often have to change the dates at the beginning or end. My first stop is the website, but this doesn't always produce the desired result. My next step is to call (numbers are on website or you can find individual stations on Google). This almost always solves my problem. Finally, if all else fails, I walk into a an actual location.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Not sure if this helps, but I rent from Hertz quite a lot, and often have to change the dates at the beginning or end. My first stop is the website, but this doesn't always produce the desired result. My next step is to call (numbers are on website or you can find individual stations on Google). This almost always solves my problem. Finally, if all else fails, I walk into a an actual location.
Yes I called Hertz and also the MUC office. No gain. I was Refused to modify without paying new rate of 3x higher. Unbelievable greedy position to rip off a customer, worse than taxi cowboys.
I simply cannot pay that huge hike.

Anyone here on FT who would like to do me a favor and pick up my car on 16th Feb?
( I can at least nominate a second driver to pick up the car)
Old Feb 11, 2020, 2:04 am
Suspended

What a shame. I'm passing through MUC on the 15th, but that won't be of much help...
FFlash likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 10:50 am
Original Poster

So as the greedy Hertz did not cooperate with me on this, I ended up cancelling my res and my whole holiday there.
They were free to choose how to handle a top-yield customer, so they chose to farewell me to competition. So sad.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:29 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, Eurobonus Gold, Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by FFlash
So as the greedy Hertz did not cooperate with me on this, I ended up cancelling my res and my whole holiday there.
They were free to choose how to handle a top-yield customer, so they chose to farewell me to competition. So sad.
I think the issue is more that you had probably gotten a weekend rate, and then wanted to instead pick up the car on a Monday. And Monday is the peak day when all the business travelers/consultants and what not come to pick up their cars for the week - so prices will in most cases be much higher than on the weekend.
Cymro likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nander
I think the issue is more that you had probably gotten a weekend rate, and then wanted to instead pick up the car on a Monday. And Monday is the peak day when all the business travelers/consultants and what not come to pick up their cars for the week - so prices will in most cases be much higher than on the weekend.
Nope. Full week. 7 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.