Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz sucked points out of my account!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2020, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
Hertz sucked points out of my account!

I got an email with a link from Hertz with some offer. I clicked on the link and it took all my Hertz five star points away.
Has anyone else seen this offer?
How do I get my points back as I am not interested in this offer.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 6:57 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Your Hertz points probably expired. Points do not expire if you have rental activity in the prior 18 months. Activity means a Gold Plus Rewards point was either earned or redeemed on a rental. It's doubful that clicking on an offer would "suck" your points away. If you have any concerns you should call the Hertz Gold Desk at 888-999-4900.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 7:13 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Might this have been a phishing email?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 7:21 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Need more details.

Perhaps you are the victim of a scam, perhaps Hertz has shut you down, perhaps your points expired. Who knows?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 7:22 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
Might this have been a phishing email?
Good point. If it prompted you to login to your Hertz account it could have been. Maybe the OP can post a screenshot of the original email here for review?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Your Hertz points probably expired. Points do not expire if you have rental activity in the prior 18 months. Activity means a Gold Plus Rewards point was either earned or redeemed on a rental. It's doubful that clicking on an offer would "suck" your points away. If you have any concerns you should call the Hertz Gold Desk at 888-999-4900.
Thanks for this phone number. Spoke to an agent and she game me the email address of 1awards, hope to have this resolved soon and points back. thanks for your help. Hope you have a great day!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.