Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at DUB (Dublin, Ireland); What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Consolidated "Renting at DUB (Dublin, Ireland); What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old May 26, 2024, 3:18 pm

Does the Amex Platinum 4-hour grace period work with Hertz in Dublin/Ireland? I've seen it mentioned in some places, but when trying to book a rental that includes 4 hours extra (e.g. 28 hours) I'm charged for an extra day.
Old Jun 3, 2024, 6:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by taway
Does the Amex Platinum 4-hour grace period work with Hertz in Dublin/Ireland? I've seen it mentioned in some places, but when trying to book a rental that includes 4 hours extra (e.g. 28 hours) I'm charged for an extra day.
Assuming that you Amex card is issued in the US, here are the terms and conditions for the code:

"In addition to Hertz Presidents Circle status, Platinum Card Members must use the Amex Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 211762 to save on the base rate of rentals, receive a 4-hour grace period on returns within the US, before an extra day charge is applied4, and savings up to 20% on published base rates5 guaranteed car-class upgrades on certain class vehicles with a 24-hour advance reservation6. Additional terms and limitations apply."

So the short answer is, no.

Regards
taway likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.