Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One rental short of President's Circle

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2020, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
One rental short of President's Circle

I've been PC or 5 star for the last 10+ years...missed PC by one this year...anyone ever have any luck calling up and begging to get moved up a tier?
Old Jan 8, 2020, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
If your profile is correct, then you simply need to link your UA Platinum with Hertz:

https://www.hertzstatus.mileageplus.com/

You will be back as a PC without asking.
jason8612 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by garykung
If your profile is correct, then you simply need to link your UA Platinum with Hertz:

https://www.hertzstatus.mileageplus.com/

You will be back as a PC without asking.
UGH...of course I dropped to Gold this year! Had no idea about this...thanks for the heads up for the future!
Old Jan 9, 2020, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by bsdstone
UGH...of course I dropped to Gold this year! Had no idea about this...thanks for the heads up for the future!
You can always try. The worst Hertz can do is refuse you. If you succeed, we will have a reference for the future. I know National is quite accommodating. You can also try status match if you have status with National or Avis or such.

Also, check threads in National's forum. There is a free link which is working for most people & they are getting free EE status for 1 year. You can do that first & then use it to match status for Hertz.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 3:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I'm not sure it has ever made a noticeable difference to me.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by bsdstone
Well...you are still a Platinum for days. Why not try it and see if Hertz will downgrade you first?
bsdstone likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.