Issues with Hertz Status Matching

Old Jan 7, 20, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG100, United GS, HA P70K
Issues with Hertz Status Matching

Is there a better way to get status matching help?

I am Hertz PC customer, though just missed requalifying through rentals last year. However I am Marriott Ambassador Elite, and my accounts are linked. The Hertz Marriott T&C says the match is valid as long as the Marriott status is held.

Iíve tried using the Hertz Marriott status match page and it notifies me that my accounts are already linked.

I sent in a status match to [email protected] (per the Hertz PC support desk) with my National Executive Elite status match on 12/28/19, and never heard back.

Today 1/7/20, account downgraded to 5 Star.

multiple calls to Hertz yielded no answers. The only thing I can think is Marriott messed it up or my AMEX PLAT 5 Star benefit overrode my status match.

How else can I get this resolved?
Old Jan 7, 20, 8:29 pm

In the past week or so I've sent 3 emails to [email protected] with no response. I don't know what's going on. I haven't been downgraded, but usually they respond within a day, from my own and others' past experience. I'm not sure if there is a number you can call for status match, but I believe they do do it by Fax.
Old Jan 8, 20, 7:07 am

Programs: Marriott LTPP
I heard back from [email protected] within a few days but that was back in Nov. I suspect that is is only one or two people on that desk and he/she may be away over the holidays. Your Marriott Ambassador status is good until end of Feb. 2020 so you should still be PC as far as Hertz is concerned. Try sending another email to Hertz and include your Hertz Gold number in the subject line. I also took a picture of my Marriott Ambassador card and forwarded that to them.
Old Jan 8, 20, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Hertz finally responded via email and confirmed my status match. No explanation of the delay or why Marriott match didnít retain

Last edited by damnyourefine; Jan 8, 20 at 5:45 pm
Old Jan 9, 20, 7:14 pm

I managed to match my new Emerald Elite Executive Amex status to Hertz President Circle yesterday. Took 24hours. I emailed that statusmatch address at 3:43pm yesterday and at 3:50pm today they confirmed my status match.
Old Jan 9, 20, 7:30 pm

Weird, I still haven't heard back.
Old Jan 9, 20, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by calgaryhhr View Post
I managed to match my new Emerald Elite Executive Amex status to Hertz President Circle yesterday. Took 24hours. I emailed that statusmatch address at 3:43pm yesterday and at 3:50pm today they confirmed my status match.
What AMEX account grants Executive Elite status? AFAIK Platinum grants Executive.
Old Jan 10, 20, 2:24 am

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by damnyourefine View Post
What AMEX account grants Executive Elite status? AFAIK Platinum grants Executive.
Free Executive Elite status for Amex Cardholders (deadline 02/29/20)
Old Jan 10, 20, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Wow, thatís a generous offer. It certainly will dilute the status pools.
Old Jan 10, 20, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by glostix View Post
Weird, I still haven't heard back.
Same here. Should I resend to [email protected]? (I used [email protected].)
Old Jan 11, 20, 2:58 pm

I'm emailing them now. My PC finally got downgraded to 5*. Luckily my rental on Jan 10 let me use PC lot bc I was still PC until today.
Old Jan 14, 20, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by rhwbullhead View Post
I'm emailing them now. My PC finally got downgraded to 5*. Luckily my rental on Jan 10 let me use PC lot bc I was still PC until today.
I received and email today showing my upgrade to PC.

For those that are having issues, did you include all the info requested on the Hertz page:

https://offer.hertz.com/offers/index...tatusMatch.jsp
Old Jan 14, 20, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I received and email today showing my upgrade to PC.

For those that are having issues, did you include all the info requested on the Hertz page:

https://offer.hertz.com/offers/index...tatusMatch.jsp
I double checked the email that I first sent and the only thing that may be causing the delay is the usage of a screenshot of the National Emerald Elite card from their website, but I would have thought that'd have counted as the "welcome kit". Given the previous posts in this thread (and me originally sending the email on the 7th), perhaps I should give it another week before I email again?
Old Jan 14, 20, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by tmiw View Post
I double checked the email that I first sent and the only thing that may be causing the delay is the usage of a screenshot of the National Emerald Elite card from their website, but I would have thought that'd have counted as the "welcome kit". Given the previous posts in this thread (and me originally sending the email on the 7th), perhaps I should give it another week before I email again?
I sent them a screenshot of my status and account number on National and account number and name (while screen wouldn't fit both).

If I were you i.might try again. My email was sent Jan 11 (a Sat ) and done Jan 14 (Tues).

Edit:
Just for data point, I was PC till 11th and was dropped to 5*. I got matched back to PC from Executive Elite.
Old Jan 14, 20, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I sent them a screenshot of my status and account number on National and account number and name (while screen wouldn't fit both).

If I were you i.might try again. My email was sent Jan 11 (a Sat ) and done Jan 14 (Tues).

Edit:
Just for data point, I was PC till 11th and was dropped to 5*. I got matched back to PC from Executive Elite.
Thanks for the info! I just resent with the screenshots in question (+ to the golddataentry address) so we'll see how that goes. ^

Search this Thread
Search Engine: