Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz one-way airport rentals from $9.99

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2020, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Hertz one-way airport rentals from $9.99

I knew that Avis/Budget and National ran one-way specials to/from certain airports, but I didn't know Hertz does it too and didn't see anything about it here.

Rates start at $9.99
Up to 24 hours
150 free miles
Free tank of gas
Details

Website says it was valid through 12/31/2019 but I'm seeing rates available into 2020.

24 hours is certainly better than the others, who limit you to 12 hours. There is no published schedule like the others so it's unclear if it only works on certain days of the week or all week based on demand.

Participating cities
  • San Francisco (SFO) - 7 locations
  • Chicago (ORD/MDW) - 5 locations
  • Washington, DC (DCA/IAD) - 4 locations
  • Denver (DEN) - 3 locations
  • Boston (BOS) - 1 location
  • Nashville (BNA) - 2 locations
  • Houston (IAH/HOU) - 12 locations
  • Dallas (DFW/DAL) - 8 locations
  • Columbia, SC (CAE) - 1 location
Old Jan 1, 2020, 10:33 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
I noticed that for ORD but sadly the participating locations aren't near me. I've told a friend that lives near one about it but he probably won't follow through.

Obviously it's a great deal. I think the blue line alone costs $5 now from ORD.

Thanks for posting the list. I may try to make use of it in another city.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 10:39 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Hertz used to do this the other way, rent a car at an HLE in NYC on the weekend and drop if off at the airport, for some extremely low rate. Just to get the cars back to the airport.. Pre Uber and Lyft.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 4:02 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Took advantage of this a few months ago in Denver. Rented the first car and drove it around for the day. Dropped off at the HLE, who gave me a free ride to train station, which went back to the airport to do it again. Each rental was about $20 with taxes and fees. Saved me over $100 with a little bit of hassle. Unlike the other companies, it is not restricted to certain days.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 8:35 am

I was able to do it on a Saturday into Sunday back in July as well - did DCA to Union Station. Very convenient to visit a couple of places that we couldn't easily get to on transit, and since we were staying in Crystal City we could use the city ramp overnight for free. It was a bit annoying in that the Hertz at DCA was scrounging for vehicles, so we just got a random car instead of using the Ultimate Choice area. But overall it was well worth the inexpensive cost to have a vehicle for that timeframe.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
For those who are interested in this type of deal in NYC, Budget still seems to be offering a 12-hour rental with a free tank of gas and 150 free miles for $9.99+tax between their Brooklyn Marriott location and LGA/JFK/EWR. Offered to the airports on Sunday and Monday, and from the airports on Thursday and Friday. Rentals from the airport occasionally offer the same rate with a drop off in Manhattan.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:36 pm

For this promotion, do we still have the ultimate choice benefit? Or the vehicle will be assigned?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 4:15 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by xman099
For this promotion, do we still have the ultimate choice benefit? Or the vehicle will be assigned?
At DEN I was able to go to the PC section and pick something.
Auto Enthusiast and xman099 like this.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 9:26 am

Programs: Delta Plat, United Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by xman099
I did probably 15 of these last year between IAD/DCA - Union Station in DC and never had any problem taking from Presidents Circle section.

On some of my rentals they probably paid more in gas to refill the tank then took in from my rate, I feel like this is too good to last but love that its still going strong.
lihkg and xman099 like this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dc2005b
I did probably 15 of these last year between IAD/DCA - Union Station in DC and never had any problem taking from Presidents Circle section.

On some of my rentals they probably paid more in gas to refill the tank then took in from my rate, I feel like this is too good to last but love that its still going strong.
The idea is that you're saving them the costs of having to transport cars to/from the locations, so I think they're probably still coming out ahead.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 7:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The offer shows 180 free miles when I checked ex IAD ^
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The offer shows 180 free miles when I checked ex IAD ^
They give 150 + the distance between airport and HLE. Rounded up, I'm pretty sure. But yes, excellent rate, been abusing it pretty hard.
Old May 19, 2021, 2:38 am
Original Poster

This offer is still active, at least in DC and Denver, but YMMV on which days of the week will work.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old May 19, 2021, 9:28 am

Programs: JMB Sappire; Hertz PC; National EE
Originally Posted by m907
This offer is still active, at least in DC and Denver, but YMMV on which days of the week will work.
I haven't been able to pull up those one way deals since mid-April. Ie. DCA to Union would always say either "Sorry, no vehicles available for the locations, dates and times selected. [NER069]"
or give $100+ rates. I have been trying different days/dates up until August. Even tried to put in the old rate code IC24HR but no avail
Any tips? TIA
Old May 20, 2021, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JackToTheAttack
I haven't been able to pull up those one way deals since mid-April. Ie. DCA to Union would always say either "Sorry, no vehicles available for the locations, dates and times selected. [NER069]"
or give $100+ rates. I have been trying different days/dates up until August. Even tried to put in the old rate code IC24HR but no avail
Any tips? TIA
The Avis/Budget deal is/was almost guaranteed based on days of the week (Thursday/Friday neighborhood-airport, Sunday-Monday airport-neighborhood) but the Hertz deal is not necessarily. DCA may have just been sold out on the dates you tried. Many HLEs have reduced hours on weekends or are outright closed on weekends, so that's part of it. It's also possible they discontinued it, but I have gotten it to work in the last month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.