Add additional driver at exit booth?

Old Dec 22, 19, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Add additional driver at exit booth?

Can they do that or I actually have to talk to people at gold desk on the parking lot? Thanks!!
Old Dec 22, 19, 6:00 pm
Company Representative - Autoslash

Yes, you can do it at the exit booth assuming the additional driver has their driver's license. Note that if you're a Gold member and the additional driver is a spouses, no need to add them to the contract as they're automatically an authorized driver as per the terms of the rental agreement.
tfizzle likes this.
Old Dec 23, 19, 12:05 am

"spouses, no need to add them to the contract as they're automatically an authorized driver as per the terms of the rental agreement."
That's advice for N America. In other countries, you do need to go to the desk and have the names added - generality for free. In the UK for example, if the spouse name isn't shown on the rental contact and you were stopped by the police, you could be deemed to be driving the vehicle without authorisation (and therefore without insurance) and could be arrested.
Old Dec 24, 19, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AutoSlash View Post
Yes, you can do it at the exit booth assuming the additional driver has their driver's license. Note that if you're a Gold member and the additional driver is a spouses, no need to add them to the contract as they're automatically an authorized driver as per the terms of the rental agreement.
Thank you so much!!

Originally Posted by rcspeirs View Post
"spouses, no need to add them to the contract as they're automatically an authorized driver as per the terms of the rental agreement."
That's advice for N America. In other countries, you do need to go to the desk and have the names added - generality for free. In the UK for example, if the spouse name isn't shown on the rental contact and you were stopped by the police, you could be deemed to be driving the vehicle without authorisation (and therefore without insurance) and could be arrested.
Thanks for this info!

Last edited by jason8612; Dec 25, 19 at 4:33 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts
Old Dec 26, 19, 6:07 pm

Programs: Marriott PP, WN A+/CP, Hertz PC
Well I'm in the US and my spouse doesn't show on any of my rental agreements, and I'm PC. Do I need to do anything differently to take advantage of this perk? Or is this because I always rent on my corporate CDP (leisure rate for leisure travel).
Old Dec 26, 19, 9:09 pm
Company Representative - Autoslash

Originally Posted by Marko123 View Post
Well I'm in the US and my spouse doesn't show on any of my rental agreements, and I'm PC. Do I need to do anything differently to take advantage of this perk? Or is this because I always rent on my corporate CDP (leisure rate for leisure travel).
It's listed in the terms and conditions of Hertz Gold Rewards here:

For rentals in the United States and Canada by renters enrolled to use the Program in those countries, this means that the renter's spouse or domestic partner may operate the Car without registering as an Additional Authorized Operator or paying a fee, provided he or she is at least 25 years old and has a valid driver's license from a jurisdiction acceptable to Hertz.
In short, your spouse doesn't need to be listed on the rental agreement because as a Hertz Gold Rewards member, your spouse is always an automatic authorized driver regardless. It has nothing to do with which CDP you use (in this case).
Marko123 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: