Hertz-Hendrick Camaros

Old Nov 6, 2021, 8:16 am

Programs: Gold 5*
Guessing Hertz has discontinued the Adrenaline range of cars, along with the Hendricks cars on the West side ?
I looking at future rentals (May / July & Sep) , and i dont get the option to reserve these types of cars ?! (in LAS , or LAX )

Last edited by StuartUK; Nov 7, 2021 at 6:26 am
Old Nov 6, 2021, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

What shows as potential options may vary by location and dates. But usually if they offer the model and if it's booked it will still show up in the list, just as not available.

I searched and Hertz's website still currently shows they have Adrenaline Collection offerings, including the Hendrick Camaro SS (they've retired the ZL1's though):
https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/vehic...e%20Collection
Auto Enthusiast and mradey like this.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 6:42 am

Programs: Amex Cent and all that comes with it
It was with a heavy heart and a fair amount of scepticism that I walked (yes walked) to the Hertz LAX rental facility. I noted that my reservation had changed online from "the exact model" as per my booking confirmation email of seven months ago, to "or similar". I was two hours early so I wandered around the Presidents Circle area - my name was not yet on the board. No Hendricks in sight. In fact, I hadn't spotted one in the entire facility.

There was a nice Merc AMG C63 in the PC area - so I headed to the Gold Circle desk, formulating arguments as to why that would be a suitable replacement for my Hendrick. I explained I was early - "no problem sir, let me change the collection time for you". I thanked her and quipped "I'm about to be very disappointed aren't I?". She looked a little incredulous. I explained my worries. To my great relief, there was indeed a Hendrick Camaro waiting for me. It was way off in the distance (I was too early, they hadn't moved it into the PC collection area) .

So as of now, there is at least one renting from LAX. I've got it for the next two weeks and hopefully again in April 2022.

It's in great condition, about 24K miles on the clock.

Hendrick Camaro SS - in Hertz LAX

Last edited by mradey; Nov 27, 2021 at 6:44 am Reason: typo
Old Nov 28, 2021, 8:55 am

Programs: National EE
Hertz LAX had two of them just over a month ago and both with California license plates on the front so they may have 3 in the fleet still. From what I recall the mileage on both was around 30-35K. I was fortunately enough to rent one of these out of LAX brand new with less than 100 miles on it when they first arrived and have a reservation for another one next month.

mradey and jizen like this.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 10:42 am

Great news. Even with 40k on the clock it will be a nice change from my 140k Volvo estate
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mradey
It's in great condition, about 24K miles on the clock.
Not to rain on your parade but that one's been in an accident and they replaced the front bumper. It's missing the front lip and yellow horizontal edge pinstriping that goes there (and front license plate if California plated). Compare to the photo of the 2 HH Camaros posted underneath yours.

No big deal, but I guess just be aware of it anything else is weird/wrong with the car, and that they don't pin it on you. I noticed similar things at Hertz SFO. A HH Camaro had the lip replaced/repainted in a flat black paint instead of the metallic "carbon flash metallic" specified by Chevy and which other HH Camaros came with. Honestly nobody would care or notice unless you're a car-obsessed freak like me , but I always wonder how Hertz handles repairs and things like that.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 7:48 am

I see what your saying. Thanks for pointing it out. At least I have evidence it went out like that!

It's actually on Florida plates, which I didn't notice at pickup.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 9:50 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Hi do they still have the Hendricks at LAX and LAS? Trying to book on their app shows "Sold Out" regardless of date I select.

How was the drive?
Originally Posted by turbov6
Hertz LAX had two of them just over a month ago and both with California license plates on the front so they may have 3 in the fleet still. From what I recall the mileage on both was around 30-35K. I was fortunately enough to rent one of these out of LAX brand new with less than 100 miles on it when they first arrived and have a reservation for another one next month.

Old Jan 11, 2022, 9:57 am

Programs: National EE
Originally Posted by Gertjaars
Hi do they still have the Hendricks at LAX and LAS? Trying to book on their app shows "Sold Out" regardless of date I select.
How was the drive?
The drive is amazing. They still have a couple at LAX although I haven't seen them show up in the reservation system. They are likely just renting them out as upgrades if they are available for when you show up or holding for existing reservations. MIA and MCO also have them. Here is a quick tour of the Hertz LAX isles from last week. The Hendricks in the video had 28K miles on it.

mradey, jizen, strickerj and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 11:24 am

looks like the Camaro from mradey's post above in the video (missing front plate and missing yellow on the bumper) and has done about 4k since then.

I have reservation for one in a few weeks time - if Hertz somehow screwed it up and couldn't give me the car what would be a suitable alternative?
mradey likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 2:33 am

Yup, I think that's my baby.

I only put on about 1K miles so it's definitely been out since.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 12:38 pm

When i returned yesterday morning at 6:AM at LAS they had a Hendricks Camaro.
mradey likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 5:29 pm

I am disappointment

Got to the counter at LAX to be told nope, no Hertz-Hendrick Camaro for me. Said they hadn't had them for ages. I told them that they had them a few weeks ago and my reservation was model guaranteed. After a long day traveling I accepted a Mercedes CLA 45 AMG.

Pretty disappointed, I wanted an American muscle car.

​​​​​​​What's the likelihood of being able to swap this at SFO in a couple of days for something else?
Old Feb 6, 2022, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Most likely same class (another CLA AMG). The general policy is they exchange for the same class car you brought in. I would still try to advocate for something better. If you rly want an American V8, you can go back to LAX to ask for an exchange. I would have asked for a discount when you picked up to downgrade from the "guaranteed" HH Camaro (Hertz class V6) to the regular Camaro SS/Mustang GT/Challenger RT (Hertz class V4). They also have American V8's under Hertz class U4 (Camaro SS/Mustang GT convertibles). If you're rly unhappy you can also try to take it up with Hertz after the fact, upon return or by calling Customer Service, to ask for a partial credit since you didn't get the "guaranteed" class as advertised, but that's also not a guarantee that they would give you a favorable resolution.
Auto Enthusiast, mradey and Ordpc like this.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by glostix
Most likely same class (another CLA AMG). The general policy is they exchange for the same class car you brought in. I would still try to advocate for something better. If you rly want an American V8, you can go back to LAX to ask for an exchange. I would have asked for a discount when you picked up to downgrade from the "guaranteed" HH Camaro (Hertz class V6) to the regular Camaro SS/Mustang GT/Challenger RT (Hertz class V4). They also have American V8's under Hertz class U4 (Camaro SS/Mustang GT convertibles). If you're rly unhappy you can also try to take it up with Hertz after the fact, upon return or by calling Customer Service, to ask for a partial credit since you didn't get the "guaranteed" class as advertised, but that's also not a guarantee that they would give you a favorable resolution.

Thanks for the reply. I have to pop into a Hertz anyway to add an additional driver so will see what they say.

The Merc isn't bad, but a 4-cylinder 2.0 L turbo charged AWD isn't really special. That's almost all new European cars.
mradey, m907 and Ordpc like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.