Hertz-Hendrick Camaros

Old May 15, 2020, 8:57 am

Programs: Delta Plat, United Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC
Here is a Hendrick ZL1 listed for nearly 83k in Charlotte.

https://www.hertzcarsales.com/certif...0dea47c632.htm
Old May 15, 2020, 10:52 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by glostix
Overnight a lot more added... 26 of them listed for sale on the West Coast alone:
https://www.hertzcarsales.com/used-c...iorColor=Black

I believe each airport that got them received 12. SFO is selling 7 (perhaps they have some still on reservation w/customers), LAX seems to be selling all 12 of 12. It seems these may actually be going going gone... I actually have an upcoming reservation and am a little concerned.

This is also not a good sign for the future of Hertz as a company. They use the Hendrick Camaros as the cover of their corporate performance update slideshows for their investors, and they're dumping them now.
LAX definitely has more than 12 on hand from what I've seen last week.
Though they only put 1-2 out for rent and hide the other ones.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 6:27 am

Does anyone know how many HP the Hendrick Camaro SS have? We could get one in FLL (Airport), but which one? There are two version I heard.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 7:08 am

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kanexxz
Does anyone know how many HP the Hendrick Camaro SS have? We could get one in FLL (Airport), but which one? There are two version I heard.
https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/misc/...tom_camaro.jsp

theres a SS model which is the cheapy one, 480HP and a ZL1 which is subjectively better at 750HP. If this page is correct, youre gonna get the SS model.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by jim32190
https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/misc/...tom_camaro.jsp

theres a SS model which is the cheapy one, 480HP and a ZL1 which is subjectively better at 750HP. If this page is correct, youre gonna get the SS model.
That's what I heard, I would pay for the ZL1 - but how can I be safe?
Old Oct 10, 2020, 2:49 am

Programs: Amex Cent and all that comes with it
Originally Posted by kanexxz
That's what I heard, I would pay for the ZL1 - but how can I be safe?
Ha ha. I had the "cheapy" one (see above). It was more than enough for me, though I would love to try the ZL1. Couldn't get the tyres warm enough for anything serious :-)
strickerj likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 2:33 am

Just a brief note.... I've just reserved this model again, from LAX for early December. It was the CHEAPEST vehicle from the 41 models on offer.

Considerably cheaper than all the other models on offer (I didn't check all the 'select for price' models). This was the pay now price, the pay at time of rental was more typical of the high performance/luxurious vehicle pricing.

Guessing it will be approx 2 year old vehicle (the last time I rented this model I had it from new). Let's call it 'nicely run in' :-)
Auto Enthusiast and m907 like this.
Old May 2, 2021, 2:05 pm

Programs: Gold 5*
I got these booked also, at LAS .....
We got x2 in june, and we got 4 booked in September at LAS (thats 4 of these booked on the same day for 1 day) ......
Cheaper to prepay for these than any other car....

Which is worrying, as my gut feeling is:
Hertz take our money, but when we come to collect the car(s), they could just cancel the booking last minute citing that the cars are not available ?
I dont care if i dont get the Hendrick model, as long as i get a V8 (chal/cam/must) ......... as an alternative.....

Last edited by StuartUK; May 2, 2021 at 2:06 pm Reason: update
Old May 3, 2021, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

They seem to have sold a bunch of the SS's and at least some of the very few ZL1's. Wonder how many Hertz will realistically have... they don't usually do the special editions that long, but this is uncharted COVID territory.

A couple years ago I reserved a Camaro SS vert and Hertz stopped offering it at that location. My reservation showed some invalid blank stuff online, and customer service was no help. Day of, they luckily had something similar (brand new Mustang GT vert with PP1), but from what I could tell there's no guarantee and it's up to the location what they give you. Hertz special edition cars are usually "model guaranteed" reservations, so you might get lucky. If not, argue for a C63

EDIT: realized my Camaro SS vert res was model guaranteed too, so that certainly doesn't guarantee they'll actually have it
Old May 4, 2021, 6:53 am

Hee hee - no racing those four bad boys :-). Please post some photos if you do get four of them.

I've had all of the V8s you mentions and, whilst they are all a *lot* of fun, they aren't in the same league as the Hendricks.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 7:48 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Did everybody gets his „guaranteed“ Camaro? Or how is the experience when this model isn‘t availible anymore?
Old Oct 15, 2021, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by StuartUK
I got these booked also, at LAS .....
We got x2 in june, and we got 4 booked in September at LAS (thats 4 of these booked on the same day for 1 day) ......
Cheaper to prepay for these than any other car....

Which is worrying, as my gut feeling is:
Hertz take our money, but when we come to collect the car(s), they could just cancel the booking last minute citing that the cars are not available ?
I dont care if i dont get the Hendrick model, as long as i get a V8 (chal/cam/must) ......... as an alternative.....
Did you get your Camaros?

I have one booked for Feb from LAX and I'm worried Hertz will cancel it. Again it was the cheapest car for prepay for the same period, eg about 300 for a week compared to 700 for a Yaris.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 10:06 am

I have them booked late November and April - both out of LAX. I'll report back what happens.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by mradey
I have them booked late November and April - both out of LAX. I'll report back what happens.
Great - constant nagging worry at the back of my mind Hertz will cancel as the booking was way too cheap feeling. About 330 for a week. Felt rude not to rent it.
mradey and m907 like this.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 2:06 am

Yup, with my Centurion discount (I think about 20%), I'm getting two weeks for around 400 prepaid in Nov/Dec and not much more for Easter next year. By *far* the cheapest car from Hertz. My first rental (Nov 2019) they were offering $200/day upgrade rates.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.