Community
Wiki Posts
Search

You've earned complimentary bonus points.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2019, 8:41 pm

Programs: United 1K, SWA RR ALP-CP, Hertz #1 Gold PC, HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
They gave me 405 points on 11/13. I redeemed for 1 free day on 11/22 for use on 11/29. And now I see all the bonus points taken back on 11/26 even though I redeemed within time allotted !
Out of curiousity, I checked my account and saw that my 641 bonus points and they were also taken away despite redeeming within the time limits defined in the small print. What a buzzkill Hertz Gold Rewards has become.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: Delta Plat, United Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC
Same issue here as others, redeemed points according to terms but bonus points clawed back. I sent email complaint to Hertz who replied that they would be replaced but still not fixed 4 days later.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 2:45 pm

Programs: Hertz
Just found this thread from thegate . boardingarea. com in a post titled bizarre-complimentary-bonus-points-offer-november-2019-from-hertz-gold-plus-rewards. Looks like I'm not the only one who missed the fine print for the promotion -- you must use all of your points. Otherwise, the points get taken away. I, too, had opened a ticket with customer service and the reply I received indicated I'd get the points back. Two months and a second ticket later I finally got the points back, with an explanation of why the points were taken away -- I needed to use all of the points during the promotion period to qualify.

I used to like Hertz a lot more than I do now.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:19 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by five_hole
Just found this thread from thegate . boardingarea. com in a post titled bizarre-complimentary-bonus-points-offer-november-2019-from-hertz-gold-plus-rewards. Looks like I'm not the only one who missed the fine print for the promotion -- you must use all of your points. Otherwise, the points get taken away. I, too, had opened a ticket with customer service and the reply I received indicated I'd get the points back. Two months and a second ticket later I finally got the points back, with an explanation of why the points were taken away -- I needed to use all of the points during the promotion period to qualify.

I used to like Hertz a lot more than I do now.
I got told this too when I spoke to Hertz CS and got a ticket raised.. some brains who came up with this promotion idea..
rhwbullhead likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.