Bizarre Email form Hertz South Africa

Old Oct 25, 2019, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
Bizarre Email form Hertz South Africa

I received the below email from Hertz South Africa:
"Dear Valued Gold Member

Please note that Hertz international has advised Hertz South Africa that the email that was sent out regarding the new terms and conditions to be accepted was sent to our SA clients in error.

All e-mails pertaining to the acceptance of the terms and conditions can be ignored.

We would like to apologise from Gold South Africa for the inconvenience that was caused to our clients here in South Africa by this.

For those who were successful in updating the information, thank you kindly for your time and effort in doing so.

For any updates that you wish to make to your SA profile please mail us on [email protected] so we may assist.

Kind regards,

Gold Department (South Africa)"
I don't recall seeing anything from Hertz prior to this.

Does anyone know what Hertz SA did to so peeve the mothership to the point that the mothership sent the above email?

Just curious...
Old Oct 25, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
My guess would be that when Hertz sent out the new T&C last month, they sent it to customers in South Africa even if perhaps the new T&C didn't apply to them or something like that?
strickerj likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 2:47 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
You're not the only one. I got it twice. I've rented in both Cape Town and Namibia but don't have a ZA based account.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
You're not the only one. I got it twice. I've rented in both Cape Town and Namibia but don't have a ZA based account.
Actually, I got the email twice myself,

I've only rented cars from Hertz in Johannesburg and Cape Town one time each a few years ago, and, like you, I don't have a ZA-based account.

Perhaps we'll never know...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.