Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cannot reserve when logged in

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2019, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Cannot reserve when logged in

I'm trying to make a reservation for a car after logging into my Hertz account and continue to get the error message:
  • We're unable to process your request at this time. Please "Contact Us". [DE11]

However, if I log out, I'm able to get quotes and carry through to reservation for the exact same dates I'm searching when logged in. I've tried when logged in to delete all discount codes and just reserve without applying any codes but continue to get the same error.

Any ideas why I can reserve as Guest but not when logged in? The rental location is CPH if it matters and my profile has my U.S. address and driver's license.

Old Oct 12, 2019, 4:28 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

We’re also seeing issues on our end. Hertz is experiencing some IT issues with their Gold member system right now. We’d recommending trying again in a few hours.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Thank you! I have also just sent a query via AutoSlash which is not quoting Hertz. Is there any way to specific preferred rental companies on AutoSlash? I prefer Hertz because we are Platinum so don't mind paying a bit more than other quotes.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 4:44 am

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Me 3. But it's Saturday night at 3am. They're running some type of computer upgrade, because, well, it's Saturday night at 3am.

I'm going to bed. It will work when I wake up.
SusanDK likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 4:46 am
Original Poster

I never thought about current time in the U.S. since I'm currently in Denmark.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by SusanDK
Thank you! I have also just sent a query via AutoSlash which is not quoting Hertz. Is there any way to specific preferred rental companies on AutoSlash? I prefer Hertz because we are Platinum so don't mind paying a bit more than other quotes.
It wasn’t quoting Hertz because there were no full-size cars available. We’ll send some alternate options.
SusanDK likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks!
Old Oct 12, 2019, 5:14 am
Original Poster

AutoSlash - the Hertz list you sent are all "pay now" via Priceline. Since we don't yet know the exact dates we will need the car, I was planning to only make a tentative reservation and adjust dates closer in. Is it possible to force a "pay later" price? I can also make a tentative reservation on Hertz and then plug it into AutoSlash to monitor I believe.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 12:38 am

Angry Cannot reserve when logged in

Hello at Flyertalk:

I am a Hertz Gold member, living in the USA, attempting to make a routine Hertz reservation for Nashville airport (BNA), for a compact car.

Currently, I am experiencing the same problem that SusanDK reported almost a year ago.

If I am not logged-in to my Hertz account, I can enter my rental data and discount code, and receive the normal, full array of quotes.

If I log-in, I can access my account, and modify my profile, but when I request a quote on my desktop computer using Firefox or Chrome, I receive "Sorry, we're having trouble processing your request. Visit our Customer Support page or call 1 (800) 654-4173."

I endured a struggling phone-call to that number, and the agent mumbled something about a system upgrade. That was 3 days ago, and the problem still exists.

Also, if I use an older Hertz app on a smartphone running Android 6, I receive the error that SusanDK reported: We're unable to process your request at this time. Please "Contact Us". [DE11]

Further, if I use an updated Hertz app on a smartphone running Android 8, I receive the error reported in thread #4 of "Locked out of Hertz profile", which states that the location is closed during my requested hours; however, I'm requesting 11:30 AM on a Tuesday and Friday, which should be open hours.

In frustration, I finally made a reservation with National at a lower price, with an equivalent discount code.

However, I would like to correct this Hertz problem, since Hertz usually has a better selection of Nissan Versas, which is my preferred car (since I own one).

Should I try to contact Hertz, perhaps using the Facebook Messenger link from the Customer Service page? Any other suggestions? Thank you very much.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by paul_from_losangeles
Hello at Flyertalk:

I am a Hertz Gold member, living in the USA, attempting to make a routine Hertz reservation for Nashville airport (BNA), for a compact car.

Currently, I am experiencing the same problem that SusanDK reported almost a year ago.

If I am not logged-in to my Hertz account, I can enter my rental data and discount code, and receive the normal, full array of quotes.

If I log-in, I can access my account, and modify my profile, but when I request a quote on my desktop computer using Firefox or Chrome, I receive "Sorry, we're having trouble processing your request. Visit our Customer Support page or call 1 (800) 654-4173."

I endured a struggling phone-call to that number, and the agent mumbled something about a system upgrade. That was 3 days ago, and the problem still exists.

Also, if I use an older Hertz app on a smartphone running Android 6, I receive the error that SusanDK reported: We're unable to process your request at this time. Please "Contact Us". [DE11]

Further, if I use an updated Hertz app on a smartphone running Android 8, I receive the error reported in thread #4 of "Locked out of Hertz profile", which states that the location is closed during my requested hours; however, I'm requesting 11:30 AM on a Tuesday and Friday, which should be open hours.

In frustration, I finally made a reservation with National at a lower price, with an equivalent discount code.

However, I would like to correct this Hertz problem, since Hertz usually has a better selection of Nissan Versas, which is my preferred car (since I own one).

Should I try to contact Hertz, perhaps using the Facebook Messenger link from the Customer Service page? Any other suggestions? Thank you very much.
Some things to try:

1. Open an incognito window in Chrome or a private window in Firefox and see if that helps.
2. Try logging in via the browser on your mobile phone and try booking from there.
3. Try upgrading to the latest mobile app and try booking from there.
4. Check to make sure your driver's license and credit card info is specified in your Hertz profile.
5. if all of that fails (or if you just want to save some money), request a quote from AutoSlash and then add your Hertz member number on the checkout page when booking. You'll earn points and get all your Hertz Gold benefits as usual. It's a nice way to avoid Hertz's annoying site but still get all your benefits, not to mention get a better deal.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 6:18 am
Original Poster

I don't remember now if I ever made that tentative reservation around the date I posted. I did rent a Hertz vehicle in late November in CPH (this was the rental I was attempting to book when I posted), but I actually reserved it online the same day we needed to pick up the rental so the issue was resolved by that time. Sorry to not be more help!
Old Sep 27, 2020, 7:41 pm

Thank you for your replies.

I did try the first 4 suggestions from AutoSlash, without any further success.

I also sent a Messenger note to Hertz, and they replied quickly that my problem had been referred to the proper team for review.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 10:14 pm

After waiting for a month, and exchanging 4 Facebook messages, and 3 telephone calls, my problem has suddenly been fixed. I noticed the fix during a routine check midday on Wednesday, Oct. 28; then, I received Facebook notification of the fix on the morning of Thursday, Oct. 29.

I inquired via Facebook as to what actual problem had been repaired, but the Messenger staff had no specific answer. They declared that the Hertz IT team had corrected a few bugs this week, and that IT activity probably fixed my problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.