how do i change the currency from AUD to USD?

Old Oct 11, 19, 11:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aa
how do i change the currency from AUD to USD?

Hello everyone. I am currently working off the coast of Australia and am looking to make a booking back in the states. Hertz.com knows I am in Australia and wants to change me in AUD...how to I change this to charge me in USD? I know there is a currency converter on the page, but it just shows what the USD equivalent is. I need it to actually charge my card in USD. Thanks for the help!
Old Oct 12, 19, 12:01 am

Programs: UA 1K (2MM),AS MVP Gold 75K, AA Exec Plat, BA Gold, DL Plat Medallion, MH Enrich Platinum
If you go to Hertz.com instead of Hertz.com.au it should provide USD quotes. However, having both a NZ and US account, I find the overseas Hertz rates are usually better. Therefore would suggest you compare before you book. Check the "deals" section for any US specials.
Old Oct 12, 19, 4:48 am
Company Representative - Autoslash

In the upper right-hand corner of the screen you’ll see a button to change your country/region and language. Change this to United States and it should work. You can also use AutoSlash to book US point-of-sale rates at a discount.
Old Oct 12, 19, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA GGL (no longer CCR), Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
You can't do it with a prepaid reservation, but a post-paid reservation is always charged in local currency. So just book to pay when you rent.

If it's not actually offering you the chance to do this, do a dummy points reservation by saying you want to use your points; it will offer you a pre-paid rate but also the chance to switch to a post-paid rate on the next screen.
Old Oct 12, 19, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aa
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the help!

You're right...the NZ / AU rates are better than the US rates. I never even thought of that!

Search this Thread