FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   Wierd One, My DL, but the RR shows someone else's name (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1990053-wierd-one-my-dl-but-rr-shows-someone-elses-name.html)

MacGuruTX Oct 4, 2019 4:00 pm

Wierd One, My DL, but the RR shows someone else's name

So.. I'm a Hertz PC. Was in Nashville picked up a car on Tuesday. showed my DL at the gate, usual questions, they hand me the RR record printout and I toss it on the seat...
Bring the car back this morning at 0700 to catch my flight home to Vegas.

Filling out my expense report for the trip and still don't have my Hertz receipt, log on and it's not there. Now I'm concerned they didn't actually check the car in. I happened to have grabbed the RR printout when i was getting out of the car and tossed in my suitcase.

Go grab that before i call hertz since they usually ask for the RR# and not the reservation number.,

Discover it has the name of another 5 star, Michael French (are you out there?)

So I call Hertz Customer Service, and explain the situation. I'd hate to screw Michael into having to argue about it. Or if he has an RR with my name on it for some other rental rate.
Hertz CS tells me oh. I would advise you to go back to the location and see what they can do. Uh, no, I'm in Las Vegas and they are in Nashville. I'm not going back to Nashville to figure this out.
"Ok, Well you should call them". Do you have the actual number to call them at? "hold on." then spent 5 minutes while they dug around for a phone number...

but then of course that phone number has IVR on it. And all of those choices route back to the 800 number...

Grrr...

MacGuruTX Oct 4, 2019 9:01 pm

Update: after an hour of phone work, still no progress. 800 cust service actually tried to transfer me themselves to what was supposed to be a human number at Nashville only to drop off the line as the IVR started.

I'm attempting the [email protected] email address. If anyone has any non foreign customer service numbers, would appreciate a pm or post with the info.

AutoSlash Oct 5, 2019 12:52 am

Have any charges posted to your credit card? If not, maybe just let it lie for now. Agree that it sucks for Michael French, but that's not really your problem.

m907 Oct 6, 2019 1:10 am

Michael will have to dispute the charge with Hertz, I guess. Hertz should be left holding the bag at the end of the day, so I wouldn't spend hours navigating the customer service maze unless you have to.

tb17 Oct 6, 2019 5:35 pm

Had something similar happen to me. PC was looking empty so the agent at the gold desk gave me a BMW from reserved, and I went through the gate with no issues. Upon returning the receipt they printed out for me had someone else's name on it and a charge for over $1000 for the week I had it. I caught the error and went to the counter and the agent (same agent who gave me the BMW) said it happens sometimes and just printed off the correct receipt for me within a couple minutes. I wouldn't worry about it.

MacGuruTX Oct 7, 2019 8:19 am

I can certainly see the accident with pulling from the reserved car. But this was coming from the PC area. Of course, maybe he had reserved a generic chevy impala :)

I figure I have done my karmic due diligence to try to fix it, so won't stress over it at this pint.